Sign in to follow this  
Dumbledore

Slytherin common room to be added to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London

Dumbledore

Entering through the Great Hall doors, visitors will be greeted by a sea of green as the Slytherin house banners from the film series are suspended from the enchanted ceiling, denoting a Slytherin victory of the House Cup.

40F80ACF-3C5D-425C-A193-9B8A94498916.jpeg.86b9dd301eb90a6f4b578d80053b7c5e.jpeg

Known throughout the eight films for its ambition and links to dark magic, Slytherin house is home to some of the greatest wizards of all time.

This April, we’re inviting you to join us to discover the secrets behind some of the iconic costumes and props belonging to your favourite cunning Slytherin characters.

You won’t have to be under the guise of Polyjuice potion to discover the secrets of the Slytherin common room up close, as for the first time ever, you are invited to gather around the imposing fireplace and sofas where Ron’s magical transformation began to wear off, revealing his ginger hair. During this special feature, a 25-foot high section of this iconic set will be on display, furnished and dressed with authentic props. During filming, Production Designer Stuart Craig wanted a very different atmosphere to the warm colours of Gryffindor so designed the Slytherin common room set to look like a dungeon carved out of solid rock. You’ll be able to see the hand-crafted wall tapestries, which had the red tones completely taken out of the colour palette to add to the austere atmosphere and further highlight the iconic Slytherin colours, green and silver.

32DC61E1-D9AC-47A5-B866-D5E88572A76F.jpeg.06f15bd831d195ae12fe30412e0a7982.jpeg

When stepping into the Great Hall, you’ll be greeted by a sea of green house banners from the film series are suspended from the enchanted ceiling, denoting a Slytherin victory of the House Cup. Above the teacher’s table, Gryffindor banners will be displayed in reference to the final scenes of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone in which Dumbledore awards last-minute house points resulting in a Gryffindor triumph.

40F80ACF-3C5D-425C-A193-9B8A94498916.jpeg.86b9dd301eb90a6f4b578d80053b7c5e.jpeg

Paying homage to some of Slytherin’s most esteemed witches and wizards, a number of original costumes belonging to the Malfoy family will be on display allowing you to see how the designs changed to depict their rise and fall in power and status alongside Lord Voldemort. The evolution of Voldemort’s costumes showing his growth from orphan, Tom Riddle, to young Hogwarts student to prolific villain will also be showcased.

News Source & Image Credits;

Warner Bros. Studio Tour London

B20E2591-799C-4874-AD88-E03E6504ED6F.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• xEmmaberryx
      By xEmmaberryx
      I'm going to be honest here, this is a bit of a random one. I was watching a friends stream, and remembered they were in a different house to me. And it got me thinking, does their personality reflect their house traits?

For example, I'm a Slytherin but I think my personality (the part everyone sees) for the most part I come across outwardly as a Hufflepuff. And that's because on first meet and until I'm comfortable I don't come across too much of a sarcastic, more reserved person. Then once you get to know me, I can definitely be a mix of Slytherin and Ravenclaw, depending on my mood or topic of conversation.

Whereas my streamer friend is a Hufflepuff. And it matches them so well. They're so kind to everyone, just and loyal. Honestly, they are so sweet and get along with everyone. The more vicious side of the honey badger comes through when they rage at games and it's honestly so fitting. 

Obviously, this is just my powers of observation, and it could be completely different for you. If you do use any names when mentioning friends, feel free to change them if you're not comfortable with using their actual name. This was just a random thought and I thought it would be quite curious to see if others get like this sometimes.
    • Keith McCloud
    • JustCollecting
      By JustCollecting
      Hi,   We're selling a JK Rowling handwritten book containing official Hogwarts advice for first years. The book was originally created for a 2004 charity auction, where it sold for £10,000.    The market for Rowling's memorabilia has exploded since then and we're expecting it to sell for up to £150,000.    Thought you guys might be interested in having a look. Link is here: https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/miniature-harry-potter-manuscript-handwritten-by--13-c-cec4209888   If you have any questions about it feel free to AMA.
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Latest Update from Warner Bros. Studio Tour London

FAQ's
      How long will the Studio Tour remain closed?
      We are continuing to monitor the situation closely and will post any updates on our website and social channels.
      Can I book a ticket for later in the year?
      We are currently suspending bookings until 30th June and will accept bookings after this time. However, if the situation changes, updates will be posted on our website.
      I have booked a ticket through a third-party agent, can I still get a refund?
      If you have booked a ticket through a third-party agent, please contact them directly.
      I have booked a ticket to visit after 3rd April, can I get a refund?
      We are continuing to monitor the situation. If this closure continues to affect your booking, a member of our Visitor Services Team will contact you within 72 hours of your date of visit to process a refund. Please have your payment details to hand and be aware that our team will call from a withheld number.
      I have booked a visit using a gift ticket, how will I be refunded?
      If you have booked using a gift ticket, you will be given an undated gift ticket to book a visit for a future date, valid for 12 months.
    • Rune8Valentine
      By Rune8Valentine
      Hi everyone, 
      So I'm not sure if I should reply to this to say that I am brand new, but here I am!
      I am very interested in being part of Slytherin and due to my very own cunning and ambitious nature, I am sure to make sure that I help as much as possible to make Slytherin the winning house!
      I'm also open to meeting and making new friends, as well as into fan-fiction and writing in general. 
      Apart from that, I do have a dark and sarcastic nature, but that's just me. I am a big fan of Quidditch, just to put it out there as well. 
      Looking forward to hearing more from you. 

About Us

The Wizarding World | Harry Potter Fan Forums

A friendly and welcoming community for fans of Harry Potter! Quizzes, Earn Points For Your House, Competitions, Memorabilia, Fan Art, Fan Fiction, Pictures, Wallpapers and more!
TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is run by a group of dedicated enthusiasts on a not-for-profit basis.

Disclaimer

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk website are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by J.K. ROWLING WIZARDING WORLD which is a trademark of J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc or any of it's worldwide subsidiaries or associates. Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and Warner Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved..

Affiliate & Notice

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com/Amazon.co.uk

Note: TheWizardingWorld.co.uk claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise stated. Images on this site belong to their respective owners. If there is an image on this website that belongs to you and you do not wish for it appear on this site, please use the Contact Us button with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.