Harry Potter Movies- One Must Go!

Which is Your Least Favorite Movie?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which is Your Least Favorite Movie?

• Sorcerer's Stone
    • Chamber of Secrets
    • Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Goblet of Fire
    • Order of the Phoenix
    • Half-Blood Prince
    • Deathly Hallows Part 1
    • Deathly Hallows Part 2

Sheila Kiernan

Hi everyone! We all know the Harry Potter movies are great, but if you had to choose just one to get rid of, which would it be and why?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sheila Kiernan

• haeju_ahn

• Dumbledore

• moonlightwishes

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol really? Thank youu~  First of all, PoA is my fav movie. Second of all, it's fine to have a different opinion and preference about soemthing.   Hmm... I agree that CoS is totally

Lol, I always have to laugh at that one scene of Dumbledore yelling at Harry. 

Wow yes! I totally agree how boring this movie is. Some parts are really good. But it's just meh in general.   Most of my fav scenes for the whole movies are in this movie tho, for example:

• Headmaster
Dumbledore

I voted for 'Order of The Pheonix'. While some parts are good, to me the overall movie has no flow, it jumps all over the place and really doesn't follow the book. The longest book in the series has the shortest runtime out of the movies... Doesn't make sense to me, it could've been so much better.

• Thumbs Up 1
xEmmaberryx

I chose Goblet of Fire. For me personally, it's a film that tries so hard to focus on the sporting and competition aspects of action films. I understand why, the whole book is built around the big events, but something (I don't know what) is just lost for me with this one.

• Thumbs Up 1
haeju_ahn
13 hours ago, Dumbledore said:

I voted for 'Order of The Pheonix'. While some parts are good, to me the overall movie has no flow, it jumps all over the place and really doesn't follow the book. The longest book in the series has the shortest runtime out of the movies... Doesn't make sense to me, it could've been so much better.

Wow yes! I totally agree how boring this movie is. Some parts are really good. But it's just meh in general.

Most of my fav scenes for the whole movies are in this movie tho, for example:

- The addition Dolores Umbridge

- The introduction of Luna Lovegood

- Epic battle between Voldemort and Dumbledore

- Revelation of Snape's young memory

But many scenes are potentially good but it's a kinda a waste, even some of them are really tasteless for me. Like:

- Harry x Cho kiss scene

- Sirius' death

- Patronus lesson

- Harry and friends vs Death Eaters

- Every scenes where Voldy is connected into Harry's mind

- etc

Idk. This is many people on youtube this is one of the best movie in the franchise tho. But I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like it.

• Thumbs Up 2
haeju_ahn
12 hours ago, xEmmaberryx said:

I chose Goblet of Fire. For me personally, it's a film that tries so hard to focus on the sporting and competition aspects of action films. I understand why, the whole book is built around the big events, but something (I don't know what) is just lost for me with this one.

This movie is known for hving the worst director bcs he doesn't even read the book. I agree, this movie is a mess. The actions and adventures are enjoyable for me, but it's not really organized well with the whole story. 

I really love the infamous Dumbledore scene when he yelled at Harry lol. That's just one prove how director doesn't even understand the book and the characters.

• Thumbs Up 1
haeju_ahn
22 hours ago, Sheila Kiernan said:

Hi everyone! We all know the Harry Potter movies are great, but if you had to choose just one to get rid of, which would it be and why?

My vote will be for the Deathly Hallows part 1. It has no purpose to be there. It's too long and doesn't explain much. The fact that one book is made into 2 movies are incredible. But the execution just turns out to be boring as hell imo

• Thumbs Up 1
moonlightwishes
Posted (edited)

I voted for Prisoner of Azkaban (don't yell at me!). While I adore Harry Potter, and love all the books and movies, Prisoner of Azkaban seems a little underwhelming to me. Yes, we are introduced to characters we love among other interesting things, but I was just never too much of a fan. I can't really explain it. Again, I adore all the books and would never skip it.

Edited by moonlightwishes
  • Haha 1
Sheila Kiernan
On 30/04/2020 at 01:39, Dumbledore said:

I agree! Usually as a rule movies leave a lot of details out, but 'Order of the Phoenix' is exceptional when it comes to this! I was pretty disappointed when I saw the movie. 

• Sad 1
  • Headmaster
Dumbledore
2 minutes ago, Sheila Kiernan said:

I agree! Usually as a rule movies leave a lot of details out, but 'Order of the Phoenix' is exceptional when it comes to this! I was pretty disappointed when I saw the movie. 

I know... It's criminal!

On 30/04/2020 at 10:56, xEmmaberryx said:

After watching this again and listening to the audiobook, I realise how much again they've left out! How can you forget about WINKY!

• Thumbs Up 1
Sheila Kiernan
On 30/04/2020 at 02:56, xEmmaberryx said:

'Goblet of Fire' is actually my second favorite after 'Prisoner of Azkaban'! I don't really know why, but I could watch that movie so many times. It's true that the movie is a bit more action-oriented than the book, which makes sense. It's true that the movie doesn't compare to the book, but I still enjoy it for what it is! I do get where you're coming from, though.

• Thumbs Up 1
Sheila Kiernan
On 30/04/2020 at 15:34, haejuahn said:

Wow yes! I totally agree how boring this movie is. Some parts are really good. But it's just meh in general.

Most of my fav scenes for the whole movies are in this movie tho, for example:

- The addition Dolores Umbridge

- The introduction of Luna Lovegood

- Epic battle between Voldemort and Dumbledore

- Revelation of Snape's young memory

But many scenes are potentially good but it's a kinda a waste, even some of them are really tasteless for me. Like:

- Harry x Cho kiss scene

- Sirius' death

- Patronus lesson

- Harry and friends vs Death Eaters

- Every scenes where Voldy is connected into Harry's mind

- etc

Idk. This is many people on youtube this is one of the best movie in the franchise tho. But I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like it.

Yeah, I usually say without hesitation that 'Order of the Phoenix' is my least favorite. You do bring up some really good points, and now you're making me want to watch the movie again! Even though the movie is not great overall, there are definitely a few good moments in there. 

• Thumbs Up 1
Sheila Kiernan
On 30/04/2020 at 15:37, haejuahn said:

This movie is known for hving the worst director bcs he doesn't even read the book. I agree, this movie is a mess. The actions and adventures are enjoyable for me, but it's not really organized well with the whole story. 

I really love the infamous Dumbledore scene when he yelled at Harry lol. That's just one prove how director doesn't even understand the book and the characters.

Lol, I always have to laugh at that one scene of Dumbledore yelling at Harry. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
Sheila Kiernan
On 30/04/2020 at 15:40, haejuahn said:

My vote will be for the Deathly Hallows part 1. It has no purpose to be there. It's too long and doesn't explain much. The fact that one book is made into 2 movies are incredible. But the execution just turns out to be boring as hell imo

Yeah, that one's definitely not one of my favorites. Just an obvious cash grab to extend the franchise! 

• Thumbs Up 1
Sheila Kiernan
On 02/05/2020 at 11:41, moonlightwishes said:

I voted for Prisoner of Azkaban (don't yell at me!). While I adore Harry Potter, and love all the books and movies, Prisoner of Azkaban seems a little underwhelming to me. Yes, we are introduced to characters we love among other interesting things, but I was just never too much of a fan. I can't really explain it. Again, I adore all the books and would never skip it.

Wow, a very interesting opinion. Not yelling at you (lol), but I know a lot of people would disagree with you! Personally, 'Prisoner of Azkaban' is my favorite book and  my favorite movie, and I have such a nostalgic attachment to it because it's actually the first HP movie I saw. However, everyone's entitled to their own opinion! :) Feel free to elaborate on what you think of the movie, I'm genuinely interested to know!

• Like 1
moonlightwishes
21 hours ago, Sheila Kiernan said:

Wow, a very interesting opinion. Not yelling at you (lol), but I know a lot of people would disagree with you! Personally, 'Prisoner of Azkaban' is my favorite book and  my favorite movie, and I have such a nostalgic attachment to it because it's actually the first HP movie I saw. However, everyone's entitled to their own opinion! :) Feel free to elaborate on what you think of the movie, I'm genuinely interested to know!

No, that's not how I took it at all :default_smile:  Oh yeah, I'm sure a lot of fans will disagree, especially my friend who I never told my actual opinion to because it's her absolute favorite. I guess it's just because there was barely any action in it. Like, in the first one everything is brand new and you're exposed to so many cool things and it's exciting. Then in the second book there's a sense of mystery because Harry's hearing voices in the walls and stuff, and there's danger at the school and people are being petrified and it makes you wonder what's going to happen next. Then comes the third book where there's barely any action. Yes, there is a supposed killer on the loose but he only comes to the school once and no one sees him after that. I guess there's not too many things going on. There were some cool bits like the time turner which is awesome, and Lupin is my favorite DADA teacher, meeting Professor Trelawney who is funny, Sirius Black who is awesome, and the Marauders Map. I guess to me, it was a book full of introductions to things that would play a key role in the books to follow.

I guess in a way it just felt underwhelming after reading the first two.

Again, that's just my opinion. I don't dislike the third book, it's just not my favorite. I'm sure anyone can say the same thing about my favorite book (Half Blood Prince).

• Thumbs Up 1
haeju_ahn
On 08/05/2020 at 06:02, Sheila Kiernan said:

Yeah, I usually say without hesitation that 'Order of the Phoenix' is my least favorite. You do bring up some really good points, and now you're making me want to watch the movie again! Even though the movie is not great overall, there are definitely a few good moments in there. 

lol really? Thank youu~ 

15 hours ago, moonlightwishes said:

No, that's not how I took it at all :default_smile:  Oh yeah, I'm sure a lot of fans will disagree, especially my friend who I never told my actual opinion to because it's her absolute favorite. I guess it's just because there was barely any action in it. Like, in the first one everything is brand new and you're exposed to so many cool things and it's exciting. Then in the second book there's a sense of mystery because Harry's hearing voices in the walls and stuff, and there's danger at the school and people are being petrified and it makes you wonder what's going to happen next. Then comes the third book where there's barely any action. Yes, there is a supposed killer on the loose but he only comes to the school once and no one sees him after that. I guess there's not too many things going on. There were some cool bits like the time turner which is awesome, and Lupin is my favorite DADA teacher, meeting Professor Trelawney who is funny, Sirius Black who is awesome, and the Marauders Map. I guess to me, it was a book full of introductions to things that would play a key role in the books to follow.

Again, that's just my opinion. I don't dislike the third book, it's just not my favorite. I'm sure anyone can say the same thing about my favorite book (Half Blood Prince).

First of all, PoA is my fav movie.
Second of all, it's fine to have a different opinion and preference about soemthing.

Hmm... I agree that CoS is totally a mystery story. Very well-crafted. And the movie itself it's definitely mixed with horror vibe, compelete with tension and well-executed jumpscare. Basilisk is so scary and intimidating. Lucius Malfoy as well. They're great!

I think if you watch the third movie, PoA, the vibe is completely different from the first two. It's definitely darker. Even visually, I guess. For example. the scene when Harry has to travel alone in a magic bus with quirky strangers is "scary" compared to when Ron picking up Harry in the previous movie with a really family and friendly vibe. But we don't see blood at the wall and hear voices. We are terrorized by a rumour about something that isn't even there. Harry is afraid to find the truth about the real identity of the reason why his parents were killed. It's a psychological tension.

I think it's all about tension in this movie. Psychological tension and depression instead of actions. Like...
- Running away from home but stranded ina a magic bus with strangers

- An escaped prisoner of Azkaban who's somehow related to Haryy, explained by Ron's father
- Harry gets angrier and angrier to know that Sirius betrayed his parents

- Dementors

- Boggarts

- Harry can't go to the Hogsmead and it's all because he doesn't have parents, Harry gets angrier to Sirius, and in the same time he feels lonely 

- Werewolf

- Death of Buckbeak

- Being careful while using time-turner, not to get caught

You feel your heart beats faster because that what Harry actually feels. Not just because of the actions and visual alone.

And all of that get twisted in the end so much with depressing perspective! Harry accepts that he's an orphan and he has to leave Sirius Black, the only family member he has, bcs he's still a fugitive. But at the same time, Harry realizes that he has his best friends, people who care with them (Lupin, even Snape, Dumbledore, even a Buckbeak) and he's even capable to produces a patronus that beats the Dementors. It's a very dark movie with depressing ending, but Harry kinda accepts his fate. It's not really happy ending. Harry doesn't really win, I think. That's why it's awesome.

I just like the vibe tbh. I don't know.

But also, Half Blood Prince is also one of my top 3 fav! :)

• Thumbs Up 3
Sheila Kiernan
19 hours ago, moonlightwishes said:

I didn't think of it like that! I guess when you put it that way it makes sense a little bit. Thanks for sharing, these are all good thoughts!

• Haha 1
moonlightwishes
On 09/05/2020 at 10:52, Sheila Kiernan said:

I didn't think of it like that! I guess when you put it that way it makes sense a little bit. Thanks for sharing, these are all good thoughts!

I mean, don't let my opinions make you believe different of POA. It is a good story.

On 09/05/2020 at 07:55, haejuahn said:

lol really? Thank youu~ 

First of all, PoA is my fav movie.
Second of all, it's fine to have a different opinion and preference about soemthing.

Hmm... I agree that CoS is totally a mystery story. Very well-crafted. And the movie itself it's definitely mixed with horror vibe, compelete with tension and well-executed jumpscare. Basilisk is so scary and intimidating. Lucius Malfoy as well. They're great!

I think if you watch the third movie, PoA, the vibe is completely different from the first two. It's definitely darker. Even visually, I guess. For example. the scene when Harry has to travel alone in a magic bus with quirky strangers is "scary" compared to when Ron picking up Harry in the previous movie with a really family and friendly vibe. But we don't see blood at the wall and hear voices. We are terrorized by a rumour about something that isn't even there. Harry is afraid to find the truth about the real identity of the reason why his parents were killed. It's a psychological tension.

I think it's all about tension in this movie. Psychological tension and depression instead of actions. Like...
- Running away from home but stranded ina a magic bus with strangers

- An escaped prisoner of Azkaban who's somehow related to Haryy, explained by Ron's father
- Harry gets angrier and angrier to know that Sirius betrayed his parents

- Dementors

- Boggarts

- Harry can't go to the Hogsmead and it's all because he doesn't have parents, Harry gets angrier to Sirius, and in the same time he feels lonely 

- Werewolf

- Death of Buckbeak

- Being careful while using time-turner, not to get caught

You feel your heart beats faster because that what Harry actually feels. Not just because of the actions and visual alone.

And all of that get twisted in the end so much with depressing perspective! Harry accepts that he's an orphan and he has to leave Sirius Black, the only family member he has, bcs he's still a fugitive. But at the same time, Harry realizes that he has his best friends, people who care with them (Lupin, even Snape, Dumbledore, even a Buckbeak) and he's even capable to produces a patronus that beats the Dementors. It's a very dark movie with depressing ending, but Harry kinda accepts his fate. It's not really happy ending. Harry doesn't really win, I think. That's why it's awesome.

I just like the vibe tbh. I don't know.

But also, Half Blood Prince is also one of my top 3 fav! :)

Those are some really good points, I didn't think of it that way. There definitely is tension. I do feel bad for Harry in him kind of getting false information about how Sirius betrayed his parents. I was also kind of heartbroken when I found out who Scabbers really was. I liked Scabbers.

haeju_ahn
11 hours ago, moonlightwishes said:

I mean, don't let my opinions make you believe different of POA. It is a good story.

Those are some really good points, I didn't think of it that way. There definitely is tension. I do feel bad for Harry in him kind of getting false information about how Sirius betrayed his parents. I was also kind of heartbroken when I found out who Scabbers really was. I liked Scabbers.

We all loved Scabbers :')

(Damn you Pettigrew!!!)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • 5 months later...
Firefox

If I could have voted, it would have been for "Prisoner of Azkaban". It's just way too repetitive...the deal with Buckbeak was dull as all get out, and I hated the Time Turner part where you had to re-watch a lot of what happened earlier in the movie. When I watch my DVDs of the series, I always hate getting to PoA.

• Haha 1
  • Headmaster
Dumbledore
1 hour ago, Firefox said:

If I could have voted, it would have been for "Prisoner of Azkaban". It's just way too repetitive...the deal with Buckbeak was dull as all get out, and I hated the Time Turner part where you had to re-watch a lot of what happened earlier in the movie. When I watch my DVDs of the series, I always hate getting to PoA.

Oh no! That’s my favourite... The book however, is extremely good and goes it to far more detail. Saving grace for the film?