• Headmaster
Dumbledore

We'll be looking for house prefects next year on our HarryPotter Community Fan Forum to help in the daily running. We hope to build up our fan base and make it the place to be for making friends and sharing our love of the HarryPotterSeries.

prefects.jpg.ef07679cf22e7935b15b0b6a2d670568.jpg

Applications to start in 2019. Date TBC.

House Prefect - Forum Moderator

Well, here is a small guide to help some of you who are not familiar with the role. Remember you are the back bone of the forums and help keep things running smoothly.

What is a forum moderator?

A forum moderator oversees the communication activity of an Internet forum. He/She monitors the contributors (members) and makes decisions regarding content and the direction of threads. Moving discussions from one section to another to keep topics organized is also a common job for a forum moderator. If the forum becomes hostile or starts to move in the direction of personal attacks, the forum moderator usually has the discretion to lock the discussion to prevent heated, interchanges. He may also be able to hide discussions he deems unworthy of further discussion.

Duties of a forum moderator may include moving discussions (threads/posts) to more appropriate sections, closing or locking threads based on dwindling interest or lack of recent activity of merely going off-topic, editing posts for clarity or content, and deleting threads. Thread deletion can either be temporary or permanent, depending on the wishes of the forum moderator, although you'll also have the power to hide posts/threads. If an abusive contributor refuses to cease unacceptable behavior, the forum moderator will the discretion to ban the user, but this is used as a last resort.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dumbledore

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• RosieKeane
      By RosieKeane
      I suppose I should have put this under the Daily Prophet category because the title sounds like one Rita Skeeter would write. But its too late now, so I am just going to dive in. 

Draco Malfoy. 

I think that readers who view  his character have polar opposite opinions on him. Either 1, he is a bad-boy dreamboat, and they want him to fall in love with their little hearts because of his smirk and his raw good looks. Or, on the total other hand, he is a death eater, and truly a terrible persona and he didn't really deserve a redemtion arc. 

Of course, that is dramatizing both ends of the spectrum of Draco Malfoy. What we have to consider is the facts, which we can see in the books. 

Draco was defenitely manipulated and groomed for Slytherin- and beyond. Lucius Malfoy was not a good father. It think that is easy to be seen. He fed his son his own opinions and views from the day he was born. His son grew up hearing racial slurs such as "mudblood" and talk about how muggle-born witches were inferior to pure-blood witches and wizards. Draco grew up being told that he had to get into Slytherin- and we can only assume that any other house would have been a disgrace to the family, as he was the only child of the Malfoy's. Draco grew up being told by his family who he was meant to be, what he was meant to be, how he was supposed to act, etc. 

However, that is no excuse for his behavior. We learn from our parents, yes, even if they teach us the wrong lesson, but as a person you also have to do the right thing- even if it isn't right in his parents view. A great example of this is Sirius. Sirius came from the same kind of household as Draco did- but he was different. He didn't like their ideology and loved what his friends in Hogwarts talked about and how they acted. All other parts of Sirius aside, he did the right thing. Draco did not. Granted he was around people of the same ideology of him in Slytherin, he did not have to have the same ideology as they did. Draco was a bully. He bullied Harry relentlessly, along with other students. He was not a nice guy. He tried to get Hagrid sacked from his job countless times. He always made drama for Harry in the press, in the school, with gossip, he was racist towards Hermione, etc. 

So here we are at a crossroads with his character- He went out of his way to be nasty, but he had also been groomed from Birth to be this person. So we are faced with the question- does he deserve to have a redemption arc (not that it is truly up to us to decide, but  lets just see where this question goes)? 

Draco didn't kill Dumbledore. He couldn't do it, he tried for the entire year (and ultimately failed because of all the half-attempts), but when he came face-to-face with Dumbledore, where it would have been easy to kill him. He could not kill him. That's the truth. Severus Snape had to do it, despite that this was the plan from Dumbledore- that doesn't really matter too much. Draco doesn't want to be where he is, he doesn't want to be a death eater, but there is no other way for him to have his family safe, and not taint the family name. 

And Draco didn't want Harry dead. It's pretty imaginable that Draco knew that was a real possibility, but he didn't want Harry dead. Draco lied when he couldn't tell if it was Harry or not, with the charm on Harry's face making him all puffy and swollen. He could have been rid of his life-long rival, but he didn't. Draco even stopped Crabbe from firing a curse that would kill Harry. 

So this may leave you confused now- do we like Draco, or not? 

I think Draco deserved a redemption arc. He was forced to be a certain kind of person by his parents, and he conformed to that role. However, he did that willingly, and he could have not conformed to the role. He could have not acted the way he was supposed to, and he could have been a better person. 

So my answer- kinda. 
    • haeju_ahn
      By haeju_ahn
      What's your favorite subject in Hogwarts? Which class do you want to attend the most?

You can read the list here: https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Hogwarts_subjects

For me, I think I would be bad in Charms, Transfiguration or anything to do with casting spell. It's because I wouldn't be able to memorize all of those practical spells. But maybe DADA will be interesting because I like the idea of duelling.

Herbology and Magical Creatures are also not my things. Also anything about history. My hands are also not good in handling the Potions.

My favorite subject would be DIVINATION! I'd love to learn about predicting futures like I have always done.

I'd love to be a great seer one day! 

How about you?
    • haeju_ahn
      By haeju_ahn
      'Hatstall' is canon.

What is a 'Hatstall'? It's a person that's hardly sorted into one of Hogwart's houses.

To simplify it, it's when you can't decide which house you're belong to.

In HP Wiki, it said that and I quoted:
      'A Hatstall was an archaic term for a student of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry whose Sorting took more than five minutes because the Sorting Hat found them to have a personality equally suited to different Hogwarts Houses.'

There are two types of hatstall: True-Hatstall and Near-Hatstall.

For example, Professor Mcgonagall is a True-Hatstall. It was because the sorting hat spent five-and-a-half minutes wavering between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw.

Harry is a Near-Hatstall. It was because he had a fight as the sorting hat wanted to put him into Slytherin when he wanted anything but Slytherin.

Known True-Hatstalls are Minerva Mcgonagall and Peter Pettigrew. True Hatstalls were rare, occurring around once every fifty years.

Known Near-Hatstalls are Harry Potter, Hermione, Neville, Gilderoy Lockhart, etc.

More info click here

So, what do you think?
      Are you perhaps one of the Hatstalls?
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Witches and Wizards,
      Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Hall of Prophecy during Part 2 of the Battle of the Department of Mysteries Brilliant Event, starting Tuesday, September 22 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:
      Masked Death Eater - Wizarding Challenges Ginny Weasley - Brilliant Portkey Hermione Granger - Tasks Brilliant Harry Potter - Encounter Brilliant Prophecy Orb - Encounter  
      Brilliant Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. 

Don’t forget to pick up your complimentary store pack which will contain the following:
      6x Baneberry 4x Bulbadox Juice 4x Angels Trumpet 2x Erumpent Horn 25 Spell Energy  
      Features Event-only 1.5k Portkeys, Brilliant Foundables, Brilliant Runestones, and Brilliant Event tasks Free store pack featuring: -Ingredients for 1 Tonic for Trace Detection (6 Baneberry, 4 Bulbadox Juice, 4 Angel’s Trumpet, 2 Erumpent Horn) -25 Spell Energy
      All Possible Rewards Earn up to 10 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books!!! Earn up to 15 Restricted Section Books. Earn up to 5 total Spell Books. Earn 50 Gold. Spell Energy rewards! Various other exciting rewards (Ingredients, Potions, and more!) from both regular tasks and bonus tasks.
      Page One of Four
      Collect 2 ingredients or Portmanteaus: 2 Erumpent Horn Brew Regular Invigoration Draught 1 time: 4 Snowdrop Return 5 Brilliant Prophecy Record: Strong Exstimulo Potion REWARD:  550 XP, 50 Brilliant Family XP, 2 Restricted Section Books, 10 Spell Energy As you collect Brilliant Prophecy Records, it may be smart to hold off on placing them in the Registry just yet. Below, you'll see that there will be a task to place Brilliant images later in the quest.

Page Two of Four
      Use Master Notes to brew faster 2 times: 1 Powdered Dragon Claw Use Regular Invigoration Draught 2 times: 2 Leaping Toadstool Collect 2 Brilliant Event Runestones: 1 Dark Detector REWARD: 750 XP, 75 Brilliant Family XP, 2 Restricted Section Books, 10 Spell Energy
      Page Three of Four
      Earn 7500 Wizarding XP from Challenges: 1 Silver Key Defeat 15 Foes in Challenges: 1 Armadillo Bile Complete 3 Wizarding Challenges with 3 or more teammates: 2 Healing Potions REWARD: 1250 XP, 75 Brilliant Family XP, 5 Restricted Section Books, 10 Spell Energy Checking in on the Knight Bus to see which Ruins Chambers currently has active players is a terrific way to take care of the battling with other teammates if you don't have friends with you playing the game in-person.

Page Four of Four
      Return 15 Brilliant Harry Potter: 1 Spell Book Earn 500 Brilliant Family XP: 1 Spell Book Collect 15 Mysterious Note Pieces by returning Brilliant Event Foundables: 1 Spell Book REWARD: 1 Brilliant Hermione, 50 Gold, 5 Restricted Section Books, 5 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books, 30 Spell Energy By the time this stage is completed, you will likely be able to place most, if not all, of the Battle of the Department of Mysteries Brilliant Event Part 2 images. Make sure the Bonus task is active before you do so, so you can make use of the final task and get that Silver Key.

Bonus:
      Use Tonic for Trace Detection 2 Times: 1 Granian Hair Return 45 Brilliant Foundables: 1 Spell Book Win in your highest unlocked Chamber: 1 Spell Book Defeat 15 Formidable Foes in Challenges: 1 Scintillation Potion Place 5 Brilliant Images in the Registry: 1 Silver Key REWARD: 2000 XP, 100 Brilliant Family XP, 5 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books, ID Icon, 5 Ginny Weasley, 30 Spell Energy
      Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.
    • haeju_ahn
      By haeju_ahn
      In the game, both Nymphadora Tonks and Tulip Karasu are both known as a troublemaker.

But it's so weird for me to have two characters with very similar traits.

What do you think differentiate Tonks and Tulip?

Who do you prefer more as a best friend?

Tonks

Tulip

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.