Sign in to follow this  
Lily Potter Jr.

Thestrals

Lily Potter Jr.

Thestrals.jpg.5921e50378e82b5cbee6d2f7e5ea9f38.jpg

One thing I am confused about is why Harry couldn't see thestrals to begin with. He saw is mother die. Do you have to remember it?  Aaaaargh!

confused matt leblanc GIF

• Thumbs Up 1

Dumbledore

Apparently JK Rowling answered this back in 2003. She said that the death has to sink in for somebody to see the Thestrals.

From an interview with Stephen Fry in 2003:

• Stephen Fry: Harry saw his parents die, so why hasn't he been able to see the Thestrals before?

• JK Rowling: At the end of Goblet of Fire, we sent Harry home more depressed than he had ever been leaving Hogwarts. Now I knew that the Thestrals were coming and I can prove that because they are in the book that I produced for Comic Relief, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, these unlucky black winged horses.

AnotherWeasley

What Dumbledore said and she also said somewhere that, when he saw his parents die, he was too young to remember it later on in life.

• Like 1

haejuahn

I work in hospital and I have one painful memory about somebody's death. It was traumatic because a girl got mad at me because of her mother's death. She said it was my responsibility. I wonder if I could see a Thestral too. It don't really care the woman who dead in front of me. Being blamed about it that gave the scar on me.

Edited by haejuahn

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      RoyalMint: Deliver the Magic Beautifully with these must have Harry Potter designed coin and medal covers

Image Copyright: https://www.royalmint.com

Four new magical coins have been released by The Royal Mint for 2019 costing between £19 and £99 - are sure to become a must-have collectable item. Each medal/medal cover is individually numbered, and comes with its own information pack, which tells the story of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Collect this Limited edition of just 15,000 individually numbered Hogwarts Medal Covers before they disappear.
      Includes a medal specially struck by The Royal Mint featuring the iconic Harry Potter logo on one side and the crest of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on the other. Plus the Miniature Sheet cancelled with a special postmark (not shown) comprising an outline of Hogwarts.

Rich with imagery, the atmospheric pack inside tells the story of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry including its foundation as well as key locations within the castle such as the Great Hall and the Grand Staircase. It also features the four houses – Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Slytherin. – and includes a short biography of Professor Albus Dumbledore. You also find out what lurks in the Forbidden Forest and learn about Quidditch and the Quidditch Inter-House Cup.  

Visit RoyalMint for more info and prices!
      https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/stamp-and-coin-series/

About Us

The Wizarding World | Harry Potter Fan Forums

A friendly and welcoming community for fans of Harry Potter! Quizzes, Earn Points For Your House, Competitions, Memorabilia, Fan Art, Fan Fiction, Pictures, Wallpapers and more!
TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is run by a group of dedicated enthusiasts on a not-for-profit basis.

Disclaimer

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk website are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by J.K. ROWLING WIZARDING WORLD which is a trademark of J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc or any of it's worldwide subsidiaries or associates. Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and Warner Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved..

Affiliate & Notice

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com/Amazon.co.uk

Note: TheWizardingWorld.co.uk claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise stated. Images on this site belong to their respective owners. If there is an image on this website that belongs to you and you do not wish for it appear on this site, please use the Contact Us button with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.