Alan St John

So poor Professor Trelawney... or was she... Yes she was looked down on for her choice of teaching, but, Dumbledore knew better! He could have let the other teachers know that she had in fact made a prediction. That she was not a fraud. And after her second prediction, shouldn't Dumbledore provided he with protection(s) that she should have known and NOT known about. Was Albus so short sighted that even he couldn't see past the tip of his nose?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan St John

• haeju_ahn

• Dumbledore

• moonlightwishes

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So poor Professor Trelawney... or was she... Yes she was looked down on for her choice of teaching, but, Dumbledore knew better! He could have let the other teachers know that she had in fact made a p

Dumbledore isn't perfect but I think his decision on Prof Trelawney was a good one. I love her quirkiness :)) I think she's not a bad person, hopefully......

I agree that Dumbledore hired her more to protect her than for her to teach. Now, as far as telling the other teachers, I wonder what his logic was there. Possibly protection.   Now, I'm pic

haeju_ahn

Dumbledore isn't perfect but I think his decision on Prof Trelawney was a good one. I love her quirkiness :)) I think she's not a bad person, hopefully......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Headmaster
Dumbledore

We've got to remember, If Voldemort killed having heard only half of the prophecy, can you imagine how badly he wanted needed to hear the rest? Voldemort would have used the Cruciatus Curse on Trelawney to force the rest of the prophecy out of her, before he relented and killed her. Of course, Dumbledore knew this... And so he hired Trelawney more to protect her than for her to teach. That’s why when Delores Umbridge sacked Sybill Trelawnsy, Dumbledore intervened and made sure she did not have to leave the Hogwarts castle. For her own protection, though Sybill did not know that. It was enough for the Headmaster to know.

• 4 weeks later...
moonlightwishes

I agree that Dumbledore hired her more to protect her than for her to teach. Now, as far as telling the other teachers, I wonder what his logic was there. Possibly protection.

Now, I'm picturing the conversation Dumbledore would have if he decided to tell Trelawny the truth about how she actually predicts things :default_rofl:

Edited by moonlightwishes
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Potential spin-off could focus on the years between ‘Fantastic Beasts’ and ‘Harry Potter’
      Warner Bros. is participating in the developing of the new show which will be set between the Fantastic Beasts films time frame and the Harry Potter series time frame, with a focus on young Dumbledore and his adventures!
      According to We Got This Covered, the idea for a spin-off series focusing on Albus Dumbledore’s younger years is being considered at the streaming service.

With the reports still yet to be confirmed, if they are true, it is unlikely that the series would be coming to screens anytime soon.
      However, the report stated that the show’s production won’t happen until the end of the Fantastic Beasts franchise. The Harry Potter spinoff’s third movie is in the middle of preparations for filming. It has a tentative November 2021 theater release date. The original production date was slated for March 2020, but then the pandemic struck.

• Jeremy Peter Thornburn
      By Jeremy Peter Thornburn
      Slytherin could of Killed the origional oldest peverel hence how he was one of the greatest of his time. Also why slytherin has a large connection with dark witches and wizards. He was the middle brother and before falling to the stone took the wand from his oldest brother because he was the one that killed the woman that he loved. And when killing himself the stone was passed to his kin aswell as the wand.   the elder wand given Ended up being given away to gregorovitch as voldemorts mother was a squib when it came to her and she was trying to protect her son from people who would see him dead if found out who his real father was. So  no need of a wand. Hence why gridlewald stole it from gregorovitch and became all powerful. Hence why the trail for the wand is so easy for voldemort to follow. He knows it was in his family because he had information from snakes in which slytherin was famous for. Ther other theory for this is that before nagini permenently changed she was in actual fact the heir to slytherin and voldemorts mother. And insted of dieing transformed into the snake fully. Hence why it becomes very protective of him and ends up containing a bit of his sole. Hence why she cant look after him as a child because she Permanently was a snake. He says in flashback scene how he can talk to snakes, they whisper things. She could of been teaching and telling him things. Taught him how to use his parstletongue and how to open the chamber if secrets origionally. 

• Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      For example:
      Once Hermione doubted that Dumbledore isn’t very loving towards house elfs but it was later on cleared by Dobby.
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      If you were at Hogwarts during the time Dumbledore's army is organised, would you have joined?
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Jude Law will voice Dumbledore in a new in audiobook for Harry Potter spin-off The Tales Of Beedle The Bard.

Warwick Davis, who played Professor Filius Flitwick in the Harry Potter films, will also lend his voice to the audio recording, as well as Bonnie Wright and Evanna Lynch.
      The collection of stories, which are mentioned within the Harry Potter books and described as being "translated from the original runes by Hermione Granger", includes The Tale Of The Three Brothers, which played a crucial role in the plot of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

The wizarding tales are accompanied by explanatory notes from Hogwarts headmaster Professor Albus Dumbledore.
      The notes will be read by Law, who plays a young Dumbledore in the Fantastic Beasts film series, while Davis  will read the story The Wizard And The Hopping Pot.
      Noma Dumezweni, who played Hermione Granger in the original West End and Broadway runs of play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, will read The Tale Of The Three Brothers, while and Jason Isaacs, who played Lucius Malfoy in the Potter films, will read The Warlock's Hairy Heart.

Warwick Davis, Evanna Lynch and Bonnie Wright will all be involved too

Evanna Lynch, who was Luna Lovegood, voices The Fountain Of Fair Fortune and Wright, best-known for playing Ginny Weasley, reads Babbitty Rabbitty And Her Cackling Stump.
      Sally Mortemore, who played Hogwarts librarian Madam Pince, reads Rowling's introduction.
      The Tales Of Beedle The Bard was originally handwritten and illustrated by Rowling as a limited edition of only seven copies, one of which was sold at auction in 2007 to raise money for charity.

Evanna Lynch, who was Luna Lovegood, voices The Fountain Of Fair Fortune and Wright, best-known for playing Ginny Weasley, reads Babbitty Rabbitty And Her Cackling Stump.
      Sally Mortemore, who played Hogwarts librarian Madam Pince, reads Rowling's introduction.
      The Tales Of Beedle The Bard was originally handwritten and illustrated by Rowling as a limited edition of only seven copies, one of which was sold at auction in 2007 to raise money for charity.

News Source:
      cambridge-news

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.