Who's the first person that pops into your mind when you think of each house?

Beeha

Who's the first person that pops into your mind when you think of each house? If you think of 2 people at the exact same time, just say both of them. 

Harry Potter: The Four Hogwarts Houses - Inside the Magic

Here are the people I first think:

For Gryffindor, it's surprisingly not Harry. It's actually Ron. No idea why, might be to do with the red hair.

For Hufflepuff, even more surprsingly, it's not Cedric or Tonks. It's Hannah Abbott. This is actually really weird, especially considering she's not really a proper character. She's mentioned a few times in the books, in TDH when Hermione and Harry were in Godric's Hollow (I think) and in OotP when Hermione started talking about the prefects from the other houses. The only time I've ever heard name in the films was on the list of people who joined the DA (well, technically, I saw it, not heard).

For Slytherin, it's Draco. This isn't a big surprise to me, especially considering he's the biggest Slytherin student (don't scream at me, I said the word student).

For Ravenclaw, it's Luna. I think it's Luna for everyone, she's probably the biggest Ravenclaw out of everyone. 

Edited by Beeha
  • Love it 1

Gryffindor: The trio. They all 3 come in my mind together

Hufflepuff: Cedric Diggory

Ravenclaw: Luna Lovegood

Slytherin: Professor Snape and Malfoy 

Unsurprisingly, they pretty much are all my favourites from each house which is why they probably pop in my head first. 

• Love it 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2021 at 17:50, Mia Halliwell said:

Gryffindor: Harry 

Ravenclaw: Luna 

Slyhterin: Malfoy

Almost exactly matches @ProfessorSnape!

• Headmaster

Gryffindor: Harry

Ravenclaw: Padma Patil (only because I remember reading it in the book as sisters)

Slyhterin: Malfoy

When I think of the four Hogwarts Houses, these names instantly come to mind.

Slytherin: Professor Severus Snape

Ravenclaw: Luna Lovegood

Gryffindor: Hermione Granger

Hufflepuff: Justin Finch-Fletchley

• Love it 2

Gryffindor: Harry. The first that comes to mind with Gryffindor is bravery for me and you just got to give that to Harry over the series. It's incredible how brave he is in so many instances. Almost always going forward whether it's smart or not, it doesn't matter as long as it's the right thing.

Ravenclaw: It's tough for me since I don't think we had that one character that really examplified them. For me it's associated with a high intellect and overachieving in school. So if the hat would've chosen Hermione for them  it would've been a slam dunk. Now I'd maybe go for Flitwick. He is the head of house and gives off a very competent vibe. But then you also don't have that many moments with him. Tough one.

Hufflepuff: Newt Scamander, no questions asked. Rightgous, friendly, fair, hard-working, strong moral compass. He's incredible. I think from a books perspective maybe Cedric but we don't get enough of him, especially with Hufflepuff traits in mind.

Slytherin: Pansy Parkinson. Nothing redeeming, ugly personality, selfish, unfriendly. I don't have much in the tank for narcissists and I always associate Slytherins with a bunch of the worst traits in humans. I guess there can be somewhat acceptable Slytherins if the selfish nature is less prevelent and they have more of the ressourceful, determined and intelligent side.

• Thumbs Up 1