Helen McCrory (Narcissa Malfoy) dies aged 52

ProfessorSnape

Helen McCrory, who played Narcissa Malfoy, has sadly died of cancer aged 52. 

Helen.thumb.jpg.f89c805653c27c098afb78ce8a8a1dd1.jpg

J.K Rowling’s reaction on Twitter: 

I’m devastated to learn of the death of Helen McCrory, an extraordinary actress and a wonderful woman who’s left us far too soon. My deepest condolences to her family, especially her husband and children. Simply heartbreaking news.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 2

• Headmaster
22 minutes ago, ProfessorSnape said:

Helen McCrory, who played Narcissa Malfoy, has sadly died of cancer aged 52. 

J.K Rowling’s reaction on Twitter: 

Beat me to the punch! 

Very sad indeed and to Cancer... Such a terrible disease.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just realised that her children must be still quite young because she was going to play Bellatrix originally in the 5th film but couldn’t do so because she was pregnant. Even though 2007 (when 5th film came out) feels like decades ago, it’s only 14 years which is very young to lose a mother. I just checked and she has 2 children who are aged 13 and 14. 

She appeared in the 1st book chapter read along initiative during the pandemic last summer. She read Chapter 14 along with Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) and Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy). 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Headmaster

She bloody brilliant in Peaky Blinders. It took me a few minutes to realise who it was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tribute from Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy):

So sad to say farewell so suddenly - I never took the chance to tell her , but she helped shape me as a person so much - on & off screen - She was always relentlessly herself- razor sharp wit - silver tongued - kind & warm hearted - she suffered no fools yet had time for everyone - thank you for lighting the way forward & holding my hand when I needed it xx

Tribute from Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy): 

For those who only saw Helen on screen, an idea of what you missed. Death makes us all reach for hyperbole, but I honestly never saw the like. I used to joke I’d never share a stage with her - what’d be the point? Except I wasn’t joking.
#RIPHelenMcCrory.

Decades ago Helen and I auditioned together for a film. I came home and said to Emma “I think I’ve just met the greatest actress I’ve ever seen.” After years of watching her mesmerize audiences I don’t think that any more...I know it. Luckily, I eventually found out that she was also scabrously funny, shockingly naughty and with an empathetic heart the size of a planet. As continually starstruck as I was on the Harry Potter films, being screen-married to and giggle with the great Helen McCrory will always be a highlight. Her proudest achievement, though, was building and loving the family that was her bedrock. They’ve lost so much and I send all my love to Damian and the kids. xxx

FA9735D0-ABF9-43F7-B358-07EBE9F8B938.thumb.jpeg.4c8f4420c72cf65244711e9144089e4e.jpeg

04048869-C65F-4B98-86FC-DC7178AF41F7.thumb.jpeg.d2b4301fdbb8e8615726e5877e23b25d.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1