Harry Potter Studio Tour Reopens August 20th! Details and FAQs revealed!

xEmmaberryx

Hey everyone! The Harry Potter Studio Tour in London is indeed reopening. Everything I'm about to put you can find on the Studio Tour Wesbite here.

The studio tour is reopening to the general public on August 20th, and there are several things you should know beforehand. It's important to note that your visit may be different to previous ones, due to changes made in-line with social distancing measures. With that said, here are some things you should know before travelling to the tour.

1. Pre-book only. Like before lockdown, the studio tour is still pre-book only. Tickets go on sale tomorrow (06/08/2020) at 1pm BST (Or GMT+1 if it's easier for you to use that to find your timezone).
  2. Face coverings. Aged 11 or up, you must wear a face mask at all times.
  3. Social Distancing. The tour will open with a reduced capacity to encourage social distancing.
  4. Limited Experiences. Some facilities or areas may be unavaliable. According to the FAQs section, these include, but aren't limited to; the cloakroom and left luggage facilities, as well as The Hogwarts Express train carriage and the inside of Privet Drive.
  5. Sanitiser Stations. There will be more sanistiser stations positioned throughout the studio tour.
  6. Cards not Cash. This is the important one. All vistors are asked to use cards and contactless payments. Cash WILL NOT be accepted.

Some FAQs for you:

Travel and Public Transport: Upon re-opening, the shuttle bus to and from Watford Junction won't be running. Alternate transport would have to be arranged. Furthermore, the car park will allow for social distancing, with the car park team being able to direct. Finally, do not arrive more than 20 minutes before your allocated time slot - the tour won't be able to accomodate you before then.

Enforce Social Distance: There will be increased signage and floor markings to help navigate the studio tour experience.

Large Groups: The largest groups they will allow is 8. This is to maintain social distancing.

Celebration of Slytherin: This has been extended to November 12th. As a result, the Dark Arts event will not be running this year. Hogwarts in the Snow, however, will run from November 14th to January 17th 2021.

Green Screen Opportunites: These will still be running, however, you will not be able to borrow a Hogwarts robe for the photos. These areas will be cleaned more frequently, and social distancing will be maintained.

Cafes: The cafes will be open and run a reduced grab-and-go menu. Butterbeer will still be served. Additionally, the cafes will be taking contact details in case they are needed for NHS Track and Trace. These will be held for 21 days and shared, only in the event of a fellow visitor testing positive for coronavirus.

Shops: The shops will still be open, and have social distancing measures. Cashless methods of payment will be accepted only.

Masks: You can purchase a mask at the studio tour.

Wheelchairs/Stools: These will still be available for visitors, and will be thoroughly cleaned between customers and stored securely.

I think that's all the big, important details from the studio tour website. However, like at the start, here's the link to the website for you to read through yourselves: https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/updates/safety-measures/

We finally get to go back to the Wizarding World and I couldn't be happier about it.

Edited by xEmmaberryx
new information on ticket sales.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xEmmaberryx

• Dumbledore

• haeju_ahn

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone! The Harry Potter Studio Tour in London is indeed reopening. Everything I'm about to put you can find on the Studio Tour Wesbite here.   The studio tour is reopening to the general pu

Thanks for the update Emma!

I hope London is safe bcs my country is definitely not :(

• 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• xEmmaberryx
      By xEmmaberryx
      Hey everyone!

I'm going back to the studio tour for my 7th visit tomorrow, and my first one since it re-opened. I know the website is thorough, but I've seen a couple of YouTubers do this after their latest visit, so thought I'd hop on the bandwagon here.

Ask me anything studio tour related. I want to cover the new safety measures, but you can ask anything you'd like. I'll be checking throughout today and first thing tomorrow morning (so you have about 22 hours to get any questions in). I'll answer them on this thread, so you've got it all in one place.

Wishing you a magical day!
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      FANTASTIC BEASTS 3 IS FINALLY FILMING IN LONDON

It's time to celebrate Muggles! Fantastic Beasts '3' the third film in the series has finally started filming in London! According to recent reports, production on the third Fantastic Beasts film is officially underway at Leavesden Studios in London. Production, which was halted indefinitely due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Cast updates?
      Johnny Depp has confirmed his return as Gellert Grindelwald, so we can expect to see Jude Law as young Albus Dumbledore, Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski, Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander, Katherine Waterston as Tina Goldstein, Alison Sudol as Queenie Goldstein, Ezra Miller as Credence Barebone, Callum Turner as Theseus Scamander all return for the next installment!

Locations?
      As well all know, Fantastic Beasts movies will set in a different city across the world in each movie. The first movie being in New York and the second being in Paris, the third destination is yet to be revealed, there have been hits recently..... JK Rowling has revealed on her Twitter account that header/banner photo is of Rio de Janeiro in the 1930s.

What's happening in the thrid installment?
      Credence and Queenie have sided with Grindelwald (smell trouble?), while Newt has committed to fighting the dark wizard alongside his brother Theseus. Dumbledore is working on breaking the blood pact that prevents him from confronting Grindelwald directly, while his former friend (and lover?) is planning to use Credence and his powers to destroy Hogwarts' future headmaster.

Fantastic Beasts film will explore the Wizarding World in Berlin, with some of the sets at Leavesden showing the famous German city. This would make a lot of sense, as Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald revealed that the series would build-up to WWII in future instalments.

Thankfully, the Coronavirus pandemic hasn’t affected the release of Fantastic Beasts 3, as the film is still scheduled for  November 12, 2021 release!

Are you excited to hear that the third Fantastic beasts movie has started filming?
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      A former Warner Bros. Studio Tour London worker who stole almost £37,000 worth of Harry Potter merchandise to sell to fans on eBay has been given a suspended prison sentence.

Adam Hill took more than 1,000 items – including wands, ties, badges and key rings – from the studio’s stockroom over a four-month period.
      The 35-year-old advertised the goods on a personal eBay account, then posted them to buyers from a local post office, St Albans Crown Court heard.

An internal investigation found that Hill had sold 1,040 items of Harry Potter items through his eBay account, and a search of his car revealed 12 parcels of merchandise ready to be posted. Hertfordshire Police searched Hill's home in St. Neots, Cambridgeshire, England, and seized more themed merchandise, as well as envelopes and packaging, the CPS said.
        "In a significant breach of trust, Adam Hill had the audacity to steal thousands of pounds of merchandise from Warner Bros in plain sight of his work colleagues; but they reported him after growing suspicious of the items constantly piling up under his desk," Jan Muller, senior crown prosecutor said in a statement.
        "Subsequent scrutiny of Hill's eBay and PayPal accounts revealed orders and payments received for goods which were found packaged up ready to send to buyers, giving him no option but to admit to his crimes," Muller added.   A spokesperson for the Warner Brothers Studio Tour declined to comment on the investigation. Hill pleaded guilty to theft by employee in November, and was sentenced to 14 months in prison suspended for 18 months and 250 hours of unpaid work on Friday.  
      Source: CNN/Independant
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Latest Update from Warner Bros. Studio Tour London

FAQ's
      How long will the Studio Tour remain closed?
      We are continuing to monitor the situation closely and will post any updates on our website and social channels.
      Can I book a ticket for later in the year?
      We are currently suspending bookings until 30th June and will accept bookings after this time. However, if the situation changes, updates will be posted on our website.
      I have booked a ticket through a third-party agent, can I still get a refund?
      If you have booked a ticket through a third-party agent, please contact them directly.
      I have booked a ticket to visit after 3rd April, can I get a refund?
      We are continuing to monitor the situation. If this closure continues to affect your booking, a member of our Visitor Services Team will contact you within 72 hours of your date of visit to process a refund. Please have your payment details to hand and be aware that our team will call from a withheld number.
      I have booked a visit using a gift ticket, how will I be refunded?
      If you have booked using a gift ticket, you will be given an undated gift ticket to book a visit for a future date, valid for 12 months.
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Covid-19 Annoucement from Warner Bros. Studio Tour London

In a statement released by Harry Potter studios, it said the decision was made “out of an abundance of caution and in the interest of the health and well-being of our visitors, employees and community partners”.

FAQ's
      How long will the Studio Tour remain closed?
      We are continuing to monitor the situation closely and will post any updates on our website and social channels.
      Can I book a ticket for later in the year?
      We are currently suspending bookings until 30th June and will accept bookings after this time. However, if the situation changes, updates will be posted on our website.
      I have booked a ticket through a third-party agent, can I still get a refund?
      If you have booked a ticket through a third-party agent, please contact them directly.
      I have booked a ticket to visit after 3rd April, can I get a refund?
      We are continuing to monitor the situation. If this closure continues to affect your booking, a member of our Visitor Services Team will contact you within 72 hours of your date of visit to process a refund. Please have your payment details to hand and be aware that our team will call from a withheld number.
      I have booked a visit using a gift ticket, how will I be refunded?
      If you have booked using a gift ticket, you will be given an undated gift ticket to book a visit for a future date, valid for 12 months.
      Has the Covid-19 affect you and your tavels?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.