NOTICE: Hogwarts Club Quizzes - Remember, you must be signed into the forums and JOIN the club of your choice in order to play 'club quizzes'.

About Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
img3_1.jpg.299d9625a10642a72ac4e3031df475db.jpg
Step on to authentic sets, discover the magic behind spellbinding special effects and explore the behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter film series. Tread the original stone floor of the iconic Hogwarts Great Hall, encounter animatronic creatures and wander down Diagon Alley. Located at the Studios where all 8 films were produced, the Studio Tour showcases the incredible British talent, imagination and artistry that went into making the impossible a reality on screen. Visitors will relive the magic through the eyes of the filmmakers who brought the Harry Potter film series to life.

• Behind The Scenes
  • Gift Shop
  • Special effects explained
  • Hogwarts Great Hall experience
  • Diagon Alley experience
  • Souvenirs
  • Merchandise
  • Discover The Magic

Do you have questions about the tour?

• Self tour or guided?

• By yourself or in a group?

• Is the butterbeer good?

• Can we eat there?

• Can we take pictures and videos?

Example Question-

• Question:
    Hi, has anyone tried to enter the tour before the allocated entry time on the ticket? My friends have already booked 12:30pm slot and there's only 1:00pm left on that day. Do you think I can buy 1:00pm but enter the tour at 12:30pm with my friends? Thanks in advance.
  • Answer:
    Yes & no, the first part of the tour (The Great Hall) is set to a time, this is usually half an hour slots. After the initial welcoming and being guided through and told about the hall, you're moved on to allow the next ticket holders to enter. After which you're left to your own devices to explore the rest of the sets. Your friends could wait around on the next part of the tour and meet up with them once you've seen The Great Hall. There is no time limit and you can all explore the huge sets in your own time.

• Question:
    How long is my visit expected to last?
  • Answer:
    The average visit to the Studio Tour lasts approximately three and a half hours, although there is no limit imposed on your time at the attraction. 

Visit.jpg.2bb14af6cb843887491e2ec38258d684.jpg
Have you been to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour?
If so why not leave a review so others can get ideas and plan their trip, we'd love to hear your stories!

LEAVE YOUR REVIEWS AS REPLIES!

I went there in November 2018 for my *cough* 30th *cough* birthday. It was my first time going there and I loved it! I discovered I missed a few things though as this guy told me to go round a particular way, so I missed some things my friend saw. The entire experience was amazing and I felt right at home there! I really loved the Forbidden Forrest - although it was quite loud in there which I didn't like. Meeting Buckbeak was great though! I also saw Aragogg - super scary! 

I took photos of pretty much everything so didn't really look at everything in detail - something I plan to do on my next visit!

I loved sitting in Hagrid's motorbike, and kept my wand ready to fight off Voldemort and any Death Eaters who may have been following us!

I dressed up in my Hufflepuff robes and took my wand!

We visited Diagon Alley, Privet Drive and the Potter's house. Everything was all Christmassy which made it even more magical and I'd love to go back at another time of year to see what is there instead of the Christmas display!

20181129_150627.jpg

20181129_160919.jpg

20181129_155532.jpg

20181129_162825.jpg

20181129_135040.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The last time I went was in 2017 I think, this is when they announced The Forbidden Forest, before that it was the opening of The Hogwarts Express, so we managed to get some tickets on both opening days!

Staff as usual are very friendly and informative, so much so that I had bumped into a slightly older gentlemen who was working there who absolutely loved what he did and that you could see he got an buzz out of it. This studio really is an experience to be had if you're fans of the books and the films, but I think that even those who have only watched the films will be amazed!! It is so much fun and gives you so much info on how the series was made and how every scene was constructed over the years with the attention to detail is just simply amazing.

We tried the butterbear, I can't say that I liked it personally and the only way I can describe it is that it tastes like an Iron Bru float (Ice Cream), not that I've had one but it was a mixture of iron bru and vanilla ice cream, so weird..

Here are a few photos of Privet Drive and the Dursleys house, and the Hogwarts Express. Being able to go inside was great and really added to the experience.

Review8.jpg.24aa29bab4262da6fbe76da2936c9dd8.jpg  Review7.jpg.34281072dfa445eeb6a39a5b7a178bc6.jpg

Review6.jpg.973656faf2e45ebe33a25e3f05176933.jpg  Review5.jpg.781ac71bd24bc3a48815bdd633911438.jpg

Review4.jpg.27e24cbc28815564e5fe226e16df4c56.jpg  Review3.jpg.263efe229850f3afc2e1071ba0722b7b.jpg

Review2.jpg.fe7e6fbf57e2fdb5c60130ae864f6a1f.jpg  Review1.jpg.e72ed49f6e18949481fd7c4322ec2f9b.jpg

We've booked tickets again to go on the 6th April to visit Gringotts Bank and can't wait!

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, SlytherWin said:

Who is planning on going back in April once Gringotts opens to the public?

MEEEE Can't wait, hope to take the big boy camera and get some decent pictures.

• Thumbs Up 1