Hogwarts House Points: We've currently switched off the house points until 1st Sept when term begins. Who will win the HOUSE CUP in 2020?
Sign in to follow this  
Hufflepuffgirl

Harry Potter Theories

Hello whoever is reading! I'm bored so decided to make a small forum on some of the Harry Potter theories that exist! Feel free to debate whether they are believable or not and even leave your own! Have fun! 😁

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, Hufflepuffgirl said:

First theory: Harry is under a love potion/charm from Ginny and really it should be Harry and Hermione

I can't see Ginny slipping Harry a love potion, the way she's explained in the books and her ethics doesn't really match up. What's your take on it?

• Like 1

On 24/01/2019 at 18:24, Hufflepuffgirl said:

See, I'm not sure, to me it feels a bit like it came out of no where but then again it kinda works 😕

What are your thought and theory on in? I'm interested as it is a highly debatable topic which has done the rounds, but everyones answer is different.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Kenneth said:

What are your thought and theory on in? I'm interested as it is a highly debatable topic which has done the rounds, but everyones answer is different.

See I'm still not sure..... Harry first realised his attraction for Ginny didn't he in Half-Blood Prince after finding out about dating Dean Thomas. Whereas Ron’s experience with love potion are very noticable and very 'in your face'. Harry's was gradual....

Ok, next theory, Harry is a horcrux. The evidence that could support this is that in Deathly Hallows we learn that spending time in the proximity of a horcrux makes people mean-spirited and miserable – the Dursleys could have acted the way they did because they spent 10 years in the proximity of a Horcrux. (Credit to buzzfeed for this theory)

• Thumbs Up 1

Oops just read that back and remembered that Harry is definitely a horcrux, so just ignore that.... I bet it makes me look like a terrible potterhead but it's almost midnight where I am and I'm tired but can't sleep so you know 😂

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hufflepuffgirl said:

Oops just read that back and remembered that Harry is definitely a horcrux, so just ignore that.... I bet it makes me look like a terrible potterhead but it's almost midnight where I am and I'm tired but can't sleep so you know 😂

We all do it, think there is a few of us from the UK!

But thanks for making the topic to start a discussion.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hufflepuffgirl said:

Ok, next theory, Harry is a horcrux. The evidence that could support this is that in Deathly Hallows we learn that spending time in the proximity of a horcrux makes people mean-spirited and miserable – the Dursleys could have acted the way they did because they spent 10 years in the proximity of a Horcrux. (Credit to buzzfeed for this theory)

ive read about this before, Harry is not a true Horcrux. He was "made" by accident without the spell so theres no evidence that Harry would be the same as the other Horcruxes..

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Justina said:

ive read about this before, Harry is not a true Horcrux. He was "made" by accident without the spell so theres no evidence that Harry would be the same as the other Horcruxes..

Yes, but he's still a Horcrux and can hear them, couldn't it be possible that he could give off the same bad feelings etc?

Like in the movie?
anigif_enhanced-3145-1429802896-24.gif

On 23/01/2019 at 18:23, Hufflepuffgirl said:

Hello whoever is reading! I'm bored so decided to make a small forum on some of the Harry Potter theories that exist! Feel free to debate whether they are believable or not and even leave your own! Have fun! 😁

I honestly don't believe Harry is under a love potion. Her personality doesn't seem like she's do that. I DO think that Harry marrying Ginny was a convenient way for Harry, Ron and Hermione to stay together, but I think Harry genuinely loves Ginny. If he didn't, he wouldn't have broken up with her to protect her. Also I think Harry is bright enough to know if Ginny was brewing love potions. Not only that but Voldemort was conceived with a love potion and I don't JK Rowling would have her main hero the victim of something like that. Dumbledore says throughout the entire series that love is the strongest magic of all, and Harry has a lot of love for people. I also don't think the Weasley's would be particularly proud of their only daughter for only loving Harry with a potion!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, kaedequinn said:

but I think Harry genuinely loves Ginny. If he didn't, he wouldn't have broken up with her to protect her.

To true, that's a hard bit to listen to or read within The Deathly Hallows, but she gets it and understand... That's LOVE. :default_wub:

Sign in to follow this