Argus Filch the caretaker is currenty sweeping up the mess made by the students. (We're currently doing some updates and tweaking!)

I can hear you now, 'not another website', why should I join? What do I get, what's in it for me, and why have you made the website?

I'll admit, I was a late coming to the Harry Potter series. Believe it or not, it wasn't till I saw promo advertising Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban at my first job. Now, don't get me wrong I had seen Harry Potter and The Philosophers Stone & Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets when they came out on DVD! (Not Bluray). But I didn't like the films, I didn't 'get it'. So after looking through the promo advertising at work, it looked far more interesting, plus the fact that Hermione (Emma Watson) was my age. So after my shift ended I bought the DVD, took it home that evening, setup the DVD and TV, sat down and watched it.... I LOVED IT! From that day forth I've been hooked.
Despite your own preferences, is widely known as the best film in the series. (Just saying) :yahoo:

Right enough about me, so why the site? I have always wanted to create a website/community and be forum based. I have experiences in the past of running websites and forums, one of the biggest for me was way back in the early 2000s. I had over 4000 members and done reasonably well.
It seems the older I get the more and more I get into the Harry Potter Universe. So while over the years I've been learning how to run and host websites, I thought now would be a good a time as any to start a new challenge, albeit 17 years late!

So in the middle of 2016, I set off on my new path to find active forums dedicated to Harry Potter and to my surprise I found many, yet over 80% were either dead communities, or hardly active. But my biggest issue I found while searching Google is that many seemed stuck in the early 2000's in terms of software and design. Some sites were using software that was 10 years out of date! Some were designed with loads and load and loads of pictures, what a nightmare that must look on a mobile or tablet! That fact was, they were just old and hadn't moved on.....

While continuing my search I found some used EOL (End of Life) software which are no longer support and could potentially be hacked, putting the members and their site at risk, which to me makes me think the staff put the site in a low priority list. There simply is no excuse for it and something I will not tolerate, nor expect any member to accept.
Now while some of the site designs are 6-10+ years old and are great for desktops, these just simply don't work for mobile/tablets devices these days. And this is where I found my niche, provide a platform which is modern, clean and device friendly while incorporating the latest social media's namely: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and GooglePlus.

The Wizarding World | Harry Potter Fan Forums will always use the latest and modern software, my aim is to make it clean, fluid and user friendly. (And that's the biggest part for me to get right, BEING USER FRIENDLY).

TWW_31_Oct_Twitter.thumb.png.7c1b0b743f46a9de6e0b0cf7e337b2c7.png

A Final Note:
The more you visit the forums, the more you'll see me ask for advice, opinions, comments and suggestions on how I can make the site better. Be that; Adding an extra forum, extra user groups, etc. I've created a section to have your say, and please do. Make a post, tag me and I'll look into it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dumbledore
      Hornby R1234 Harry Potter Hogwarts Express Train Set
      5972 'Hogwarts Castle' Locomotive Hogwarts, Mk1 SK Nos. 99721 coach Hogwarts, Mk1 BSK Nos. 99723 Coach Track: Starter Oval and Track Pack A R8206 Power Track Hornby MidiMat (1600 x 1180mm).  

Ready to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year? The best way to get there is with the Hornby Hogwarts Express Train Set! In brilliant Hogwarts Red and containing a DCC Ready 5972 locomotive with working headlight, plus two coaches, this set makes a perfect gift or addition for any Harry Potter fan! Please note, box and model dimensions are shown as identical however only represent the box/package size.

Add a touch of magic to your collection with the Hogwarts Express Train Set.

Price: £199 (RRP)
      AmazonUK
    • By Dumbledore
      Groupon: Warner Bros. Studio Tour + Guidebook, Hot Meal, Beer or Wine, and Butterbeer deal with promo code

Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, 23 and 30 November and 7 December - Private After Hours Tour - 20% OFF (Groupon)

What You'll Get
      The Deal
      £49.95 for entry to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter™ When: 23 November | 30 November | 7 December Where: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Studio Tour Drive, Leavesden, WD25 7LR Tour times: 3.30 p.m. | 4 p.m. | 4.30 p.m. | 5 p.m. | 5.30 p.m. | 6 p.m. | 6.30 p.m. | 7 p.m. | 7.30 p.m. Closing time: 11.59 p.m. Ticket includes: entry ticket to the Studio tour | one hot meal per guest | a glass of wine, beer, soft drink or hot drink per guest | a Butterbeer™ per guest Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
      Once doors have closed to the public on selected days in November and December, Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter will welcome Groupon members for an exclusive event. Available for entry from 3.30 p.m., guests will be granted after-hours access to the Studio Tour which showcases authentic sets, props and costumes from the Harry Potter film series.
      Guests can walk the flagstones of the iconic Hogwarts Great Hall before viewing many of the famous sets – including the Ministry of Magic, Dumbledore’s office, and the Gryffindor common room. They’ll also get an exclusive look at the newest expansion, The Forbidden Forest.
      The Forbidden Forest may be strictly off-limits to Hogwarts students, but Groupon guests are invited to follow the footsteps of Harry, Ron and Hermione deep into the forest, which is home to an abundance of creatures. Guests will be welcomed through the Hogwarts Gates by the beloved half-giant Hagrid deep into the forest which is filled with 19 trees each with a diameter of over 12 feet.
      Visitors will walk beneath the giant entwined roots and encounter a full-size model of Buckbeak, and have the opportunity to bow to the majestic creature. As Groupon guests venture deeper into the depths of the forest, they will come face-to-face with Aragog, the Acromantula. Emerging from his dark lair, the enormous spider will appear before guest along with spiderlings from his family.
      While exploring the attraction, guests will also be able to enjoy experiences that have been specifically added for Groupon members like enjoying a special demonstration courtesy of John Richardson, Special Effects Supervisor from the Harry Potter film series. They’ll get the chance to learn wand moves and can ‘fly’ a broomstick like a member of the cast in the Studio Tour’s green screen experience
      During a short break in one of the attraction’s cafes, guests will be able to enjoy a selected hot meal; a glass of wine, beer, hot or soft drink and a Butterbeer™ taster. They’ll also get the chance to meet the Death Eaters as they patrol the Hogwarts Gates.
      On-site parking is available, as is a return shuttle bus from Watford Junction station if required.

Promo Code: HARRY

Buy Now:
      https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/warner-bros-studio-tour-21
    • By Alvin Drosselmeyer
      Note : I wasn't sure where to put this topic because this is my first topic ( sorry if it's in the wrong place! )
      Question : Do you think, what's the best Harry Potter video game and why?

• By Dumbledore
      Mirosoft Store: Harry Potter: The Complete 8 Film Collection 4K UHD Bundle - Original price was £79.92, current price is £29.99

The Magic Is All Here in the Complete 8-Film Collection. The collection includes Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone™, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets™, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban™, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire™, Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix™, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince™, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows™ - Part 1, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows™ - Part 2 .

Note: If You use Movies Anywhere, you can add MS to it and these films will appear on your Apple TV in 4K HDR as well.

BUY NOW:
      https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/harry-potter-the-complete-8-film-collection/8d6kgwxn3zxb?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab
    • By Dumbledore
      Magical Harry Potter Ambience (ASMR) - Sit down and relax with these AMAZING visual effect videos!

Have you got homework to catch up with? Or maybe you simply want to relax and read a Harry Potter book (or any other book for that matter)?
      Why not try out these AMAZING ambience ASMR videos to help you chill out and relax....

First in the series: Dumbledore's Office [ASMR] Hogwarts ⚡ Harry Potter Ambience ⋄ Cinemagraph
      Created by: SMR Weekly (Youtube)

We'll be adding more videos when released!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.