Dumbledore

The new logo for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Dumbledore

old.jpg.9fd3043c5cf73cdd945990c3649aa316.jpg

Source: @NomadicBrits

Harry Potter & Harry Potter and the Cursed Child play has become one in the muggle world with the new logo! Since it's beginning The Cursed Child Play had its own logo and its own font, but on the night between 3rd & 4th September 2019, the signs of the Palace Theater (London), Lyrics Theater (New York) and Princess' Theater (Melbourne) where the play is currently played have all been upgraded to the new logo.

The name HARRY POTTER is now written in JK Rowlings famous 'Harry Potter' font, muggles, witches and wizards alike will be able to tell with the new lightning-shaped P, created by Mary GrandPré for Scholastic's covers in the United States and later taken as the official logo of the saga by Warner Bros.

After a few weeks of rumors and a rebrand of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child theaters, it seems that yes Warner Bros. has purchased the rights to The Cursed Child.

The new logo for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

newlogocursed.thumb.jpg.fff66cd4add933a8d86e7e988a28cc7f.jpg

Source: @susanne_anette

The program of the play also indicates the name of JK Rowling above the title. It seems that the words "parts one and two" have also been been removed.

Instagram and Twitter users have been showing off the old and new logo

xEmmaberryx

I'm not sure I like this new logo, but I think it's because I've grown so used to the original one. In time, I'm sure I'll come to like this new change, however, I'd love to know if this means a new edition of the CC script will be released, to match the new logo. I think as long as CC stays a theatre performance, and not a play (like some rumours suggest), I'll be happy. Just because I don't accept the play as canon compliant, doesn't mean it still can't be treated with the same respect, love, and care as the original books and films. If that means changing the logo, then so be it. 

• Like 1

roroweasley

I personally LOVE the new logo! It's adopting Cursed Child into the wider Harry Potter franchise and it's wonderful! As a huge fan of the play,  it's amazing to see this happen - the play is now in its FOURTH year here in London :D  So many fans have been hating on the new logo change, and honestly its been exhausting to see so much hate on my twitter feed, but I'm sure they will come around. We are hoping that nothing about the play ITSELF changes - costumes, house crests, etc - to match the franchise, because it's all very unique and us CC fans adore the merch we have. I've seen pictures of the new logo on posters and programmes and it honestly looks SO FREAKING GOOD!! 

Dumbledore

Do you think we’ll get the play turned into a film here in the UK? Despite JK Rowling say no, if WarnerBros. have the rights I reckon they’ll try to turn it in to a film series....

roroweasley
2 minutes ago, Dumbledore said:

Do you think we’ll get the play turned into a film here in the UK? Despite JK Rowling say no, if WarnerBros. have the rights I reckon they’ll try to turn it in to a film series....

Absolutely not, it’s already been confirmed by Pottermore that it is NOT happening. The closest thing they could do though is release filmed versions of the stage production, but I’m not even sure if they will do that. It’s an extremely special production that you’ve got to experience in person :D

• Like 1

Dumbledore

I wonder what will be in the works apart from the threatre play....

roroweasley

Perhaps like an illustrated version of the script like the seven books? 🤔 but not illustrations of the stage production but illustrations of the actual settings within the play,, I would really love that!

• Thumbs Up 1

Dumbledore
10 minutes ago, roroweasley said:

Perhaps like an illustrated version of the script like the seven books? 🤔 but not illustrations of the stage production but illustrations of the actual settings within the play,, I would really love that!

That would be nice, having some sets brought to life in the illustration.