NOTICE: Hogwarts Club Quizzes - Remember, you must be signed into the forums and JOIN the club of your choice in order to play 'club quizzes'.

The Spell of Your Choice  

6 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose one spell to learn from these choices, which would it be? Feel free to comment below as to why, or if you can't pick just one, tell us which ones!

• Accio! (summon charm)
    • Wingardium leviosa (levitates things)
    • Scourgify (cleans things)
    • Portus (creates port keys)
    • Lumos (wand emits light)
    • Reparo (repairs stuff)
    • Silencio (stops someone from talking)
    • Oblivate (removes memory)
    • Episkey! (cures minor wounds)
    • Alohomora! (opens locks)

Which spell would you choose of those mentioned in the poll? Feel free to comment below as to why. If the spell you would learn isn't on the list, or you can't pick just one, tell us which ones!

Accio! (summon charm) - So I don't have to get up all the time! :default_yahoo:

• Haha 1

I'd pick portus, because it would be awesome to make portkeys all over my city haha. :default_yahoo: That way, I can just appear wherever I want to be! And then when I want to leave, I can disappear and reappear home just as quickly.:default_smile:

• Like 1

Silencio (stop someone from talking) -  I'm the laziest when listening to people who talk too long and it makes me sleepy. 😴 

• Thumbs Up 1

Gee that's a hard one! I'd want to learn them all for various reasons, but chose Reparos because then I wouldn't have to worry if I broke something 😂

• Thumbs Up 1

Scourgify  :P It would make cleaning sooo much easier, which is good because I hate cleaning :P 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kaedequinn
      Neville is portrayed as a very forgetful child. He's always losing things and forgetting the password to the Gryffindor common room. When we first meet Neville it's hard to imagine why the Sorting Hat put him into Gryffindor in the first place.

We know that Neville has been brought up by his grandmother, and we later find out this is because his parents were tortured into insanity with the Cruciatus curse, and they now live at St Mungo's hospital. 

Could Neville have had his memory wiped after the attack on his parents, making him forgetful? Another thing we know about Neville is that for years people in his family thought he was a squib, as he wasn't showing much magical abilities. I wonder if the effects of a memory charm could have caused this? We now know that magical children who have suffered trauma can suppress their magical powers, turning them into an Obscurial. This doesn't happen with Harry, as he didn't even know he was a wizard until he was 11. If Neville had witnessed his parents being tortured, it is possible he could have suppressed his magic, but I wonder if instead his grandmother put a memory charm on him (maybe similar to the one Hermione used on her parents?) to erase that memory. We know that Neville says his grandmother "cried" when he showed he was magical, at the age of 8, after being dropped from a window and bouncing, but could she have been crying not because she was happy that he was finally showing his magical powers, but because she was concerned that he might now be in danger? We don't know much about his grandmother, but we do know it was his Great Uncle who kept trying to make him do magic. This says to me that his grandmother wouldn't have minded if Neville had been a squib - and may possibly have been relieved that he was unable to do magic! 

Neville struggles with a lot of magic, and this is clearly seen at the DA meetings. Whilst this in itself might not mean he is under any sort of spell (I'm sure there were others who were not great at magic!) I do wonder whether a memory charm may play a big part in this. If he is under a spell, I wonder whether it is added every year when he returns home for the Summer - this could certainly explain why he's so forgetful! 

It's interesting that he became the Herbology teacher at Hogwarts. Whilst he's always been good at Herbology, you'd need a pretty good memory to be a teacher! I imagine if he had been under a memory charm that this had worn off by the time he was an adult, or that his grandmother no longer felt the need to keep the spell on him. 

In the end, Neville proves to be a true Gryffindor, and whether or not he's been under a spell doesn't really matter. He's s loyal, kind and brave guy who stands up for what is right and I would have been proud to have him as my friend! 

About Us

The Wizarding World | Harry Potter Fan Forums

A friendly and welcoming community for fans of Harry Potter! Quizzes, Earn Points For Your House, Competitions, Memorabilia, Fan Art, Fan Fiction, Pictures, Wallpapers and more!
TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is run by a group of dedicated enthusiasts on a not-for-profit basis.

Disclaimer

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk website are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by J.K. ROWLING WIZARDING WORLD which is a trademark of J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc or any of it's worldwide subsidiaries or associates. Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and Warner Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved..

Affiliate & Notice

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com

Note: TheWizardingWorld.co.uk claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise stated. Images on this site belong to their respective owners. If there is an image on this website that belongs to you and you do not wish for it appear on this site, please e-mail us with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.