NOTICE: Hogwarts Club Quizzes - Remember, you must be signed into the forums and JOIN the club of your choice in order to play 'club quizzes'.
Sign in to follow this  
Owl Post

Welcome Elenwe Caleste to TWWForums

Hello Elenwe Caleste,

We're glad you received your Hogwarts letter via Owl Post. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome to The Wizarding World | Harry Potter Fan Forum!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi, thanks for the welcome! I've been a Harry Potter fan for about two decades now and have been looking for a place like this for a while now. :) I'm really glad I stumbled on this place!

By the way, none of the links above work. :(

• Like 1

Actually, is this place active? There doesn't seem to be many members.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Elenwe Caleste said:

Actually, is this place active? There doesn't seem to be many members.

Hi!

We haven’t been open long and like with most things it takes a while to build up members and content. But we’re getting there, I’m competing against some communities that have been around for years! But these are old websites which are not optimised for today’s technologies and devices.

I run this by myself with help form a couple members who have been really helpful and kind.

I try to post deals on merchandise that I find, new products coming out and discussions about the wizarding world. I’ve also setup a points system (on going project) to act like the house points from the series, quizzes (members can also make their own and share them) but mainly I’ve set it up for a place for all Harry Potter fans to meet. As a forum topics and posts won’t be lost or hidden unlike Twitter or Facebook.

As I’ve said we haven’t been open to long but I’m open to all ideas, comments and suggestions in order to make it a fun place to be. 🥰

Thanks for joining TWWForums! 🤗

5 hours ago, Elenwe Caleste said:

Hi, thanks for the welcome! I've been a Harry Potter fan for about two decades now and have been looking for a place like this for a while now. :) I'm really glad I stumbled on this place!

By the way, none of the links above work. :(

Thanks for join and letting me know about the links, getting on it now! 

4 hours ago, Dumbledore said:

Hi!

We haven’t been open long and like with most things it takes a while to build up members and content. But we’re getting there, I’m competing against some communities that have been around for years! But these are old websites which are not optimised for today’s technologies and devices.

I run this by myself with help form a couple members who have been really helpful and kind.

I try to post deals on merchandise that I find, new products coming out and discussions about the wizarding world. I’ve also setup a points system (on going project) to act like the house points from the series, quizzes (members can also make their own and share them) but mainly I’ve set it up for a place for all Harry Potter fans to meet. As a forum topics and posts won’t be lost or hidden unlike Twitter or Facebook.

As I’ve said we haven’t been open to long but I’m open to all ideas, comments and suggestions in order to make it a fun place to be. 🥰

Thanks for joining TWWForums! 🤗

Well, I really like the house sorting and the points system idea! Usually they only have that on HP rpg sites, so I was really excited to find that here! Well, let me know if there are ways I can help too. :)

2 hours ago, Elenwe Caleste said:

Well, I really like the house sorting and the points system idea! Usually they only have that on HP rpg sites, so I was really excited to find that here! Well, let me know if there are ways I can help too. :)

It has been mentioned to add a RPG on the forum. I had the idea to use the 'clubs sections' as classrooms? As each club can have topics, quizzes etc etc. Something I'm open to.

I'm working with someone to make the points more advanced and hopefully run a few competitions in the future. One idea is at the end of the school year, the person within their house who earns the most points (contributing posts) will win a price. After which I can decorate the site with the winning house.

Right now I'm consentrating on advertising and word of mouth, and really want to push the site and get it noticed. The more people sign up and actually post the more other will see and encourage them to sign up and be invovled. :)

Love to hear any ideas you may have or would like to see! Best thing about the forums is that it's for the members, it's their site collectively. :default_yahoo:

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, I like the idea of classrooms in the club section! Maybe you can get points for participation in the classrooms, maybe that can lead to going up a grade...? And I wonder if there is a way to get some activity going in those clubs? It also would be fun to have quizzes like to find out our patronus and wand and be able to post that somehow on our profile. It would be kind of cool if there could be some Pottermore-ish aspects. But I say that because I got Gryffindor on Pottermore and I don't think it reflects my personality at all. So I'm quite frustrated with that site for that reason lol. :default_tongue:

4 minutes ago, Elenwe Caleste said:

Actually, I like the idea of classrooms in the club section! Maybe you can get points for participation in the classrooms, maybe that can lead to going up a grade...? And I wonder if there is a way to get some activity going in those clubs? It also would be fun to have quizzes like to find out our patronus and wand and be able to post that somehow on our profile. It would be kind of cool if there could be some Pottermore-ish aspects. But I say that because I got Gryffindor on Pottermore and I don't think it reflects my personality at all. So I'm quite frustrated with that site for that reason lol. :default_tongue:

That's why I have two accounts on Pottermore! :default_rofl:

I joined when it was in beta testing
Congratulations-Screen-Pottermore-registration-660x330.jpg.968b06c7ca25b112c4c0ab367b25aa68.jpg

I got sorted into Hufflepuff which didn't reflect me at all either....

So I continued with the account until it opened and I rejoined and got Gryffindor, was much happier!
screenshot810.thumb.jpg.dc81ec15ef472b0b413b345cef0a9fb9.jpg

Quizzes is already enabled but it can't do patronus's and wand's and never will and goes far beyond what I can do.

But the clubs can earn points too:
Per Topic, Per Reply, Per Topic Starter, Per Reaction (Giver), Per Reaction, (Receiver), Per Vote, Per Vote (Poll Owner)

Members can earn points for making a topic and replying and from people replying to their topics.

I can add a patronus section to the profile (obviously this would be from Pottermore), and you just type what you got.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Elenwe Caleste said:

participation in the classrooms, maybe that can lead to going up a grade

Well for one thing, at least I know the group promotions work. After 10 posts you're changed to a 'Hogwarts Student' and become a full member, after your first year your group gets promoted to 2nd year student and so forth.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy being here! 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, kaedequinn said:

Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy being here! 

Thank you, fellow Hufflepuff! :) 

2 hours ago, Dumbledore said:

That's why I have two accounts on Pottermore! :default_rofl:

I joined when it was in beta testing
Congratulations-Screen-Pottermore-registration-660x330.jpg.968b06c7ca25b112c4c0ab367b25aa68.jpg

I got sorted into Hufflepuff which didn't reflect me at all either....

So I continued with the account until it opened and I rejoined and got Gryffindor, was much happier!
screenshot810.thumb.jpg.dc81ec15ef472b0b413b345cef0a9fb9.jpg

Quizzes is already enabled but it can't do patronus's and wand's and never will and goes far beyond what I can do.

But the clubs can earn points too:
Per Topic, Per Reply, Per Topic Starter, Per Reaction (Giver), Per Reaction, (Receiver), Per Vote, Per Vote (Poll Owner)

Members can earn points for making a topic and replying and from people replying to their topics.

I can add a patronus section to the profile (obviously this would be from Pottermore), and you just type what you got.

Yeah, I made three different accounts on Pottermore, all Gryffindor lol. ;_;

Btw, you can now add your patronus to your profile, only text for now. And will show under your avatar link mine is.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Elenwe Caleste said:

Thank you, fellow Hufflepuff! :) 

As your Hufflepuff Prefect I'd like to welcome you to Hogwarts. Please check out our common room - it's super cosy in there!

(I'm sorry I didn't welcome you sooner. I'm recovering from a broken bone at the moment so am not as active on here as I'd like! I hope to be home soon so I can around a bit more!)

1 hour ago, Dumbledore said:

Btw, you can now add your patronus to your profile, only text for now. And will show under your avatar link mine is.

Yay, that was quick!! I'll write mine in right away. Would it be possible to add one for the wand as well?

1 hour ago, kaedequinn said:

As your Hufflepuff Prefect I'd like to welcome you to Hogwarts. Please check out our common room - it's super cosy in there!

(I'm sorry I didn't welcome you sooner. I'm recovering from a broken bone at the moment so am not as active on here as I'd like! I hope to be home soon so I can around a bit more!)

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to check out the common room. Actually, I think I forgot to do so since I was sorted. :P Oh no, are you at the hospital or something? What did you break? I hope you get better soon!

16 hours ago, Elenwe Caleste said:

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to check out the common room. Actually, I think I forgot to do so since I was sorted. :P Oh no, are you at the hospital or something? What did you break? I hope you get better soon!

I broke a bone in my leg, just above the foot. I'm currently in a rehabilitation centre as my house has tons of stairs, and have an appointment with the fracture clinic tomorrow so hopefully will know a bit more about how long it should take to heal, and how much longer I may need to stay here!

22 hours ago, Elenwe Caleste said:

Yay, that was quick!! I'll write mine in right away. Would it be possible to add one for the wand as well?

Adding the wand now!

22 hours ago, Elenwe Caleste said:

You can now add your wand! :glasses:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dumbledore said:

You can now add your wand! :glasses:

Awesome!! Thank you :default_yahoo: