Dumbledore

Discussion: Harry Potter Films - Unimportant parts you wish could've been added!

Dumbledore

Discussion: Harry Potter Films - Unimportant parts you wish could've been added!

So I'll start it off by not including Winky! However, we do see her and Dobby very very briefly in The Goblet Of Fire, if you're wondering where? I made a whole topic about 'Things you may have missed in the Harry Potter Films'.

Winky, dear old Winky; Crouch's House elf. Important as she is, especially with Crouch Senior to the dark mark cast at the Quidditch Cup in The Goblet of Fire film, plus the whole 'drunk winky' fiasco. Of course lets not forget Horrified Hermione learning that she and the rest of the students are being served by house elves, which prompts her to start (S.P.E.W) Society for Promotion of Elfish Welfare, roping in Harry and Ron to help her.

Dobby_PM_B4C21M2_DobbyAndWinkyOtherHouseElvesInHogwartsKitchen_Moment.thumb.jpg.c80c5346bac446e7826fb78181d72a29.jpg

You can also join the S.P.E.W Club

• Thumbs Up 1

kaedequinn

I'm not sure if this is in the books, but there's a deleted scene in Deathly Hallows where Aunt Petunia tells Harry "you didn't just lose a mother that night in Godric's Hollow. I lost a sister". I wish this had been in the movie because it shows that she did care about Lily, and I kind of feel like it's her way of apologising to Harry. Grief affects everyone in different ways, and I think had she had time to grieve for her sister (and maybe not have been married to Vernon) then she would have been a little nicer to Harry. Because Harry just arrived, with no prior warning, and she had a young child the same age, she had no to time to really process what had happened to her little sister, and no time to grieve for her. I think it would have been nice to see that scene, just so we could have made peace with Petunia, and it may have helped some people understand why she treated Harry so badly. Certainly after I saw that deleted scene, my opinion of Petunia changed!

• Like 2

MollyPrewett7

The Lily-Petunia relationship is interesting. We get some insight through Snape’s memories and we know from Lily’s letter to Sirius (that Harry found in Sirius’s bedroom) that the sisters were still in contact, even exchanging gifts, at the time of Lily’s death. I’m not 100% certain, but I’m pretty sure the quote you mention isn’t in the book. I think we’re largely left to speculate on Petunia’s motivation. 

I think that Petunia hated magic because it took her sister from her - first, when she found a new life at Hogwarts and finally when it took her life. From the time when Lily’s magic became visible, I think Petunia felt inferior and envious. Dumbledore refusing to admit her to Hogwarts confirmed these feelings. 

When Lily was killed, I think it was easy for Petunia to conclude that magic is bad. She probably tried to convince herself that being non-magical made her superior to her sister, not the other way around. 

I think that Petunia was determined that her beloved Dudley would never feel inferior to Harry, as she had felt to Lily. Fearing that Harry would be magical, she made sure that the family looked down on him from the start. She also idealized ‘normalcy’ and demonized anything that deviated from her ordinary life. 

As it became clear that Harry was indeed magical, he became the object of all her hatred and resentment. His early uncontrolled magic, that created issues at school and and underscored the fear of ‘exposure’, served to confirm her hatred of magic and the need to protect Dudley from feeling inferior. 

Of course my analysis of the Lily-Petunia relationship is only speculation. I don’t think that JK Rowling has written anything about this relationship outside the books, but if anyone knows of any, please let me know. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Elenwe Caleste

I wish there were a lot more scenes about Snape, actually. It was so emotional, in the books, all the revelations about Snape's sacrifices, his loyalty, and love. When I rewatched the movies just last month, I realized they didn't give any of it enough screen time as I felt it deserved. He was one of my favorite character in the books and I felt that the movies didn't do the character justice. Also... I don't know, I would have loved more scenes with Luna, because I just love that girl! xD

That_wiz

I feel like they blew it by not having the Dumbledore funeral in the movies.

• Thumbs Up 2

Elenwe Caleste

Well, speaking of Dumbledore, I wish they covered more about his past because that was a whole big thing in the books.

• Like 1

roroweasley

1) GINNY BEING GINNY - especially with Fleur, that stuff is hilarious in HBP XD
2) Gaunt memories In HBP
3) Harry being a sass master
4) Winky and the Barty Crouch Jr story
5) Kreacher's Tale! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Is your room also full of 'Harry Potter' merchandise? Well, Minalima the designer duo behind the 'Harry Potter' films, is now also launching its own wallpaper with designs the eight films.

Image Credits: Pottermore & MinaLima

These sirius-ly amazing Minalima wallpapers are a must for any Harry Potter fan!

Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima – designers of the graphic universe of the Harry Potter films – have created a capsule collection of five wallpapers featuring iconic designs from the film series.
      This is an exceptional opportunity to sort out that room with the peeling wallpaper that’s been bothering you.

Will you be ordering any of the wallpapers? We'd love to hear if you do and see your room once finished!

The MinaLima Harry Potter wallpaper collection is available internationally, exclusively through minalima.com and House of MinaLima shops in London and Osaka from Wednesday 18 September 2019.

• Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Welcome to TheWizardingWorld a friendly and welcoming Harry Potter Community dedicated to the fans.

We're a fan site dedicated to all things Harry Potter! Our website uses a forum/bullitin board as the heart of our community. TWWForums members, once registered and logged in, can create topics, post replies to existing threads, join one of the four houses, earn house points, get your own private messenger, take part in quizzes, and so, so much more.

A little bit about us and what started our journey
      I can hear you now, 'not another website', why should I join? What do I get, what's in it for me, and why have you made the website?

I have always wanted to create a website/community and to be forum based. I have experiences in the past of running websites and forums, one of the biggest for me was way back in the early 2000s. I had over 4000 members and done reasonably well.
      It seems the older I get the more and more I get into the Harry Potter Universe. So while over the years I've been learning how to run and host websites, I thought now would be a good a time as any to start a new challenge, albeit 17 years late!

So in the middle of 2016, I set off on my new path to find active forums dedicated to Harry Potter and to my surprise I found many, yet over 80% were either dead communities, or hardly active. But my biggest issue I found while searching Google is that many seemed stuck in the early 2000's in terms of software and design. Some sites were using software that was 10 years out of date! Some were designed with loads and load and loads of pictures, what a nightmare that must look on a mobile or tablet! That fact was, they were just old and hadn't moved on.....

While continuing my search I found some used EOL (End of Life) software which are no longer support and could potentially be hacked, putting the members and their site at risk, which to me makes me think the staff put the site in a low priority list. There simply is no excuse for it and something I will not tolerate, nor expect any member to accept.
      Now while some of the site designs are 6-10+ years old and are great for desktops, these just simply don't work for mobile/tablets devices these days. And this is where I found my niche, provide a platform which is modern, clean and device friendly while incorporating the latest social media's namely: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and GooglePlus.

The Wizarding World | Harry Potter Fan Forums will always use the latest and modern software, my aim is to make it clean, fluid and user friendly. (And that's the biggest part for me to get right, BEING USER FRIENDLY).

So, how you can you get involved?
      So, you've thought about joining TWWForums (TheWizardingWorld | Harry Potter Fan Forums), A friendly and welcoming community for fans of Harry Potter! We have a wide range of discussion forums, we also have games, quizzes, competitions sections and you can also leave reviews for Harry Potter attractions.
      The best part of our community is that you'll be able to earn points for your favourite Hogwarts house! You can show off memorabilia, created fan art & fan fiction. Upload pictures you've taken, or show us your favourite Harry Potter wallpapers. Plus so much more!

Click HERE to register at Hogwarts!

Introductions:
      Once registered, why not take a walk over to platform 9 3/4. This is were you'll introduce yourself to the rest of the Hogwarts Students. Click here to visit Platform 9 3/4.

TWWForum House Points
      Quite simply you're rewarded for participating in discussions and being an active member of TWW. Just like in the books and films each member of their respective house will earn house points.

Features:
      New members get on signup. 5 Points Top points widget to display the members with the top points. This will be shown in the sidebar. New members get for each post. 1 Point Members points for new topics, replies are given in each forum. 2 Point The topic starter (if someone replies to their topic in each forum). 1 Point There will be a global points page to display all the recent points. Auto reset for points. Points are reset on the 1st September At the end of the year, the member with the most points will win a Harry Potter related prize!  
      Inviting friends earns you house points!
      If you recruit/recommend a member, you get 50 house points for each person you recruit/recommend to join. However, this person must be sorted for you to be rewarded, and they must mention that you referred them.

Of course like most sites we do have some rules, please familiarise yourself with them:
      Our Guidelines. Privacy Policy Search the Site. Hogwarts Gallery. Make a date, the Calendar.  
      TheWizardingWorld community is here to help each other out, we share our love of all things Harry Potter and make friendships.

• Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      We launched our community in 2017 and we've been gaining members every day this past year. In 2019 Kaede joined our team as Hufflepuff Prefect and has been extremely helpful throughout the year. She currently looks after the Hufflepuff common room sections and greets new students.  We (I mean, me) have lots of projects in the works and many more on the horizon; of which all need talented and passionate Harry Potter individuals to join the team.

Please Note: We're a Harry Potter fan community and do this for fun in our spare time!

If you know your way around the castle, grounds and the Slytherin Common Rooms without the help of the Marauder’s Map, then you might just be the muggle we’re looking for.

Harry Potter Content Creators / Hogwarts Prefects
      Exciting times here on the forums, as we are working on several ways to help the community grow. Content can often be hard to find on the world wide web, while adding helpful community building content to our forums.

This is why we're looking for news posters who can find interesting Harry Potter news. To put in simple words, a content creator is a one who creates, curates, edits, and manages the content. We're always looking for the latest Harry Potter news to post. This could be such things as new lines at clohing stores, or even as simple as a cake from Tesco! We really do post anything about Harry Potter we can find.

Our other positions (see below)

House Prefect - Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin (Common Room Prefect)

What is a House Prefect?
      A prefect at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is a student who has been given extra authority and responsibilities by the Head of House and Headmaster. One male and one female student are chosen from each house in their fifth year to act as prefects. They would continue to be prefects in their sixth and seventh years until they leave school.
      Prefects are allowed to take House points away from houses, but they are not allowed to take points from other prefects. Prefects can give detentions as a form of punishment.

What is a house prefect (forum moderator)?
      A forum moderator oversees the communication activity of an Internet forum. He/She monitors the contributors (members) and makes decisions regarding content and the direction of threads. Moving discussions from one section to another to keep topics organized is also a common job for a forum moderator. If the forum becomes hostile or starts to move in the direction of personal attacks, the forum moderator usually has the discretion to lock the discussion to prevent heated, interchanges. He may also be able to hide discussions he deems unworthy of further discussion.

Duties of a forum moderator may include moving discussions (threads/posts) to more appropriate sections, closing or locking threads based on dwindling interest or lack of recent activity of merely going off-topic, editing posts for clarity or content, and deleting threads. Thread deletion can either be temporary or permanent, depending on the wishes of the forum moderator, although you'll also have the power to hide posts/threads. If an abusive contributor refuses to cease unacceptable behaviour, the forum moderator will the discretion to ban the user, but this is used as a last resort.

What can you do?
      Edit, close, open, move, delete and lock and finally pin threads.
      Suspend and ban members.

Postions Availiable
      We're looking for one person to look after one of the four Houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin.

Now we can't just go handing out these positions to anyone, so you do have to meet some requirements.
      The forum user must be mature and responsible. The forum user cannot have any active forum infractions. The forum user must have over 50 posts. The forum user must have over 1 months of activity on the forum.
      If you have enthusiasm, personality and a flair then this could be the place for you. If you're interested in joining our magical community here at TheWizardingWorld | Harry Potter Fan Forum, then please do get in touch by replying to this post.

Note:
      Our staff members are the frontline of the team, and are responsible for meeting, greeting and assisting our guests/members upon joining and getting settled in.
      The warm welcome that our harry potter fans receive from all our staff makes a huge difference to their excitement and enjoyment of TheWizardingWorld Fan Forum.

• Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      At Hogwarts there are many extracurricular activities and clubs that have been formed over the many, many years for young witches and wizards to enjoy in whatever free time they might have.

Clubs are a brand new way of supporting sub-communities within TheWizardingWorld | Harry Potter Fan Forums

Club Types
      Four types of club are available:
      Public clubs
      Clubs that anyone can see and participate in without joining. Open club
      Clubs that anyone can see and join. Closed club
      Clubs that anyone can see in the directory, but joining must be approved by a Club Leader or Club Moderator. Non-club-members who view the club will only see the member list - not the recent activity or content areas. Private club
      Clubs that do not show in public, and users must be invited by a Club Leader or Club Moderator  
      Each club must have a staff member willing to volunteer as a mentor, not only to help facilitate events and arrange meeting times and places, but also to help overcome house rivalries, as clubs are inter-house organisations.

Club Users
      Each club has three levels of user:
      Leader
      A leader has all of the permissions of a moderator, and can add other moderators. They can also add content areas (see below). The club owner is automatically a leader. Moderators
      Moderators, as the name implies, have the ability to moderate content posted within the club. As the site administrator, you can define which moderator tools can be used. You could, for example, prevent any content being deleted from clubs, but allow it to be hidden. Moderators can also remove members from a club. Users
      Anyone else that joins the club.  
      Club Content
      Club Leaders can add a variety of content areas to their club - forums, calendars and so on. Each content area a leader adds can have a custom title, and will appear in the club navigation. This means, for example, that you can have multiple forums within a club, and give each a different name.

You can show your support and join any one of these clubs in our communites or even start your own!

About Us

The Wizarding World | Harry Potter Fan Forums

A friendly and welcoming community for fans of Harry Potter! Quizzes, Earn Points For Your House, Competitions, Memorabilia, Fan Art, Fan Fiction, Pictures, Wallpapers and more!
TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is run by a group of dedicated enthusiasts on a not-for-profit basis.

Disclaimer

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk website are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by J.K. ROWLING WIZARDING WORLD which is a trademark of J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc or any of it's worldwide subsidiaries or associates. Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and Warner Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved..

Affiliate & Notice

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com

Note: TheWizardingWorld.co.uk claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise stated. Images on this site belong to their respective owners. If there is an image on this website that belongs to you and you do not wish for it appear on this site, please e-mail us with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.