NOTICE: Hogwarts Club Quizzes - Remember, you must be signed into the forums and JOIN the club of your choice in order to play 'club quizzes'.
Dumbledore

Discussion: Harry Potter Films - Unimportant parts you wish could've been added or deleted scenes

Discussion: Harry Potter Films - Unimportant parts you wish could've been added or deleted scenes

So I'll start it off by not including Winky! However, we do see her and Dobby very very briefly in The Goblet Of Fire, if you're wondering where? I made a whole topic about 'Things you may have missed in the Harry Potter Films'.

Winky, dear old Winky; Crouch's House elf. Important as she is, especially with Crouch Senior to the dark mark cast at the Quidditch Cup in The Goblet of Fire film, plus the whole 'drunk winky' fiasco. Of course lets not forget Horrified Hermione learning that she and the rest of the students are being served by house elves, which prompts her to start (S.P.E.W) Society for Promotion of Elfish Welfare, roping in Harry and Ron to help her.

Dobby_PM_B4C21M2_DobbyAndWinkyOtherHouseElvesInHogwartsKitchen_Moment.thumb.jpg.c80c5346bac446e7826fb78181d72a29.jpg

You can also join the S.P.E.W Club

Like this post if you think #Winky should've made it in the film!

What bit from the books do you wish made it to the films, answers by Owl Post please! (Please don't use Errol as he might get lost and confused....)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure if this is in the books, but there's a deleted scene in Deathly Hallows where Aunt Petunia tells Harry "you didn't just lose a mother that night in Godric's Hollow. I lost a sister". I wish this had been in the movie because it shows that she did care about Lily, and I kind of feel like it's her way of apologising to Harry. Grief affects everyone in different ways, and I think had she had time to grieve for her sister (and maybe not have been married to Vernon) then she would have been a little nicer to Harry. Because Harry just arrived, with no prior warning, and she had a young child the same age, she had no to time to really process what had happened to her little sister, and no time to grieve for her. I think it would have been nice to see that scene, just so we could have made peace with Petunia, and it may have helped some people understand why she treated Harry so badly. Certainly after I saw that deleted scene, my opinion of Petunia changed!

• Like 2

The Lily-Petunia relationship is interesting. We get some insight through Snape’s memories and we know from Lily’s letter to Sirius (that Harry found in Sirius’s bedroom) that the sisters were still in contact, even exchanging gifts, at the time of Lily’s death. I’m not 100% certain, but I’m pretty sure the quote you mention isn’t in the book. I think we’re largely left to speculate on Petunia’s motivation. 

I think that Petunia hated magic because it took her sister from her - first, when she found a new life at Hogwarts and finally when it took her life. From the time when Lily’s magic became visible, I think Petunia felt inferior and envious. Dumbledore refusing to admit her to Hogwarts confirmed these feelings. 

When Lily was killed, I think it was easy for Petunia to conclude that magic is bad. She probably tried to convince herself that being non-magical made her superior to her sister, not the other way around. 

I think that Petunia was determined that her beloved Dudley would never feel inferior to Harry, as she had felt to Lily. Fearing that Harry would be magical, she made sure that the family looked down on him from the start. She also idealized ‘normalcy’ and demonized anything that deviated from her ordinary life. 

As it became clear that Harry was indeed magical, he became the object of all her hatred and resentment. His early uncontrolled magic, that created issues at school and and underscored the fear of ‘exposure’, served to confirm her hatred of magic and the need to protect Dudley from feeling inferior. 

Of course my analysis of the Lily-Petunia relationship is only speculation. I don’t think that JK Rowling has written anything about this relationship outside the books, but if anyone knows of any, please let me know. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I wish there were a lot more scenes about Snape, actually. It was so emotional, in the books, all the revelations about Snape's sacrifices, his loyalty, and love. When I rewatched the movies just last month, I realized they didn't give any of it enough screen time as I felt it deserved. He was one of my favorite character in the books and I felt that the movies didn't do the character justice. Also... I don't know, I would have loved more scenes with Luna, because I just love that girl! xD

Well, speaking of Dumbledore, I wish they covered more about his past because that was a whole big thing in the books.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dumbledore
      Groupon: Warner Bros. Studio Tour + Guidebook, Hot Meal, Beer or Wine, and Butterbeer deal with promo code

Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, 23 and 30 November and 7 December - Private After Hours Tour - 20% OFF (Groupon)

What You'll Get
      The Deal
      £49.95 for entry to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter™ When: 23 November | 30 November | 7 December Where: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Studio Tour Drive, Leavesden, WD25 7LR Tour times: 3.30 p.m. | 4 p.m. | 4.30 p.m. | 5 p.m. | 5.30 p.m. | 6 p.m. | 6.30 p.m. | 7 p.m. | 7.30 p.m. Closing time: 11.59 p.m. Ticket includes: entry ticket to the Studio tour | one hot meal per guest | a glass of wine, beer, soft drink or hot drink per guest | a Butterbeer™ per guest Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
      Once doors have closed to the public on selected days in November and December, Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter will welcome Groupon members for an exclusive event. Available for entry from 3.30 p.m., guests will be granted after-hours access to the Studio Tour which showcases authentic sets, props and costumes from the Harry Potter film series.
      Guests can walk the flagstones of the iconic Hogwarts Great Hall before viewing many of the famous sets – including the Ministry of Magic, Dumbledore’s office, and the Gryffindor common room. They’ll also get an exclusive look at the newest expansion, The Forbidden Forest.
      The Forbidden Forest may be strictly off-limits to Hogwarts students, but Groupon guests are invited to follow the footsteps of Harry, Ron and Hermione deep into the forest, which is home to an abundance of creatures. Guests will be welcomed through the Hogwarts Gates by the beloved half-giant Hagrid deep into the forest which is filled with 19 trees each with a diameter of over 12 feet.
      Visitors will walk beneath the giant entwined roots and encounter a full-size model of Buckbeak, and have the opportunity to bow to the majestic creature. As Groupon guests venture deeper into the depths of the forest, they will come face-to-face with Aragog, the Acromantula. Emerging from his dark lair, the enormous spider will appear before guest along with spiderlings from his family.
      While exploring the attraction, guests will also be able to enjoy experiences that have been specifically added for Groupon members like enjoying a special demonstration courtesy of John Richardson, Special Effects Supervisor from the Harry Potter film series. They’ll get the chance to learn wand moves and can ‘fly’ a broomstick like a member of the cast in the Studio Tour’s green screen experience
      During a short break in one of the attraction’s cafes, guests will be able to enjoy a selected hot meal; a glass of wine, beer, hot or soft drink and a Butterbeer™ taster. They’ll also get the chance to meet the Death Eaters as they patrol the Hogwarts Gates.
      On-site parking is available, as is a return shuttle bus from Watford Junction station if required.

Promo Code: HARRY

Buy Now:
      https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/warner-bros-studio-tour-21
    • By Alvin Drosselmeyer
      Note : I wasn't sure where to put this topic because this is my first topic ( sorry if it's in the wrong place! )
      Question : Do you think, what's the best Harry Potter video game and why?

• By Dumbledore
      Mirosoft Store: Harry Potter: The Complete 8 Film Collection 4K UHD Bundle - Original price was £79.92, current price is £29.99

The Magic Is All Here in the Complete 8-Film Collection. The collection includes Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone™, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets™, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban™, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire™, Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix™, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince™, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows™ - Part 1, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows™ - Part 2 .

Note: If You use Movies Anywhere, you can add MS to it and these films will appear on your Apple TV in 4K HDR as well.

BUY NOW:
      https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/harry-potter-the-complete-8-film-collection/8d6kgwxn3zxb?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab
    • By Dumbledore
      Magical Harry Potter Ambience (ASMR) - Sit down and relax with these AMAZING visual effect videos!

Have you got homework to catch up with? Or maybe you simply want to relax and read a Harry Potter book (or any other book for that matter)?
      Why not try out these AMAZING ambience ASMR videos to help you chill out and relax....

First in the series: Dumbledore's Office [ASMR] Hogwarts ⚡ Harry Potter Ambience ⋄ Cinemagraph
      Created by: SMR Weekly (Youtube)

We'll be adding more videos when released!
    • By Dumbledore
      The best Harry Potter wallpapers
      Ever come across a wallpaper and lost it? Or simply want to use the best Harry Potter wallpapers? In this topic we'll upload the very best.
      Note: Please add any copyright info to the picture underneath (if known).
      Note 2: Please resize the image, once uploaded and added to the post, double click the image and change the width box to 500px.

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

About Us

The Wizarding World | Harry Potter Fan Forums

A friendly and welcoming community for fans of Harry Potter! Quizzes, Earn Points For Your House, Competitions, Memorabilia, Fan Art, Fan Fiction, Pictures, Wallpapers and more!
TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is run by a group of dedicated enthusiasts on a not-for-profit basis.

Disclaimer

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk website are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by J.K. ROWLING WIZARDING WORLD which is a trademark of J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc or any of it's worldwide subsidiaries or associates. Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and Warner Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved..

Affiliate & Notice

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com

Note: TheWizardingWorld.co.uk claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise stated. Images on this site belong to their respective owners. If there is an image on this website that belongs to you and you do not wish for it appear on this site, please e-mail us with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.