The Character Of Snape And Percy

John Stefan

Where Did The Loyalties Of Snape Truly Lie In The End? Was He In The End Voldermort's Man Or Dumbledore's Man or a bit of both? Also Did Percy Weasley Ever Make Up With His Family , Hermione And Harry After The Defeat Of Voldermort? Any Ideas And Thoughts On This Topic?

• Headmaster
14 minutes ago, John Stefan said:

Also Did Percy Weasley Ever Make Up With His Family , Hermione And Harry After The Defeat Of Voldermort? Any Ideas And Thoughts On This Topic?

I don't think Percy ever reconciled with the family. Taking from news/reports and the wiki.

On 1 August, 1997, Percy was the only member of his family who did not attend his brother Bill's wedding to Fleur Delacour, despite Molly's hopes that he would, which led her to cry again. On the same day, the Ministry of Magic was overthrown by Death Eaters, and Rufus Scrimgeour was killed and replaced by Pius Thicknesse, a puppet of Voldemort's. Percy finally began to see what was happening around him, but could do nothing since he was being watched closely. He continued to work at the Ministry, presumably under the new Minister. Eventually, though, he managed to make contact with Aberforth Dumbledore, Albus Dumbledore's estranged younger brother, who had connections with the Order of the Phoenix and Dumbledore's Army.

On 1 May, 1998, Aberforth tipped Percy off to the fact that Hogwarts was taking a stand against Voldemort. Percy Apparated to the Hog's Head, and travelled down the secret tunnel to the Room of Requirement, hoping he hadn't missed the battle. In the room, he found the majority of his family trying to restrain Ginny from joining the battle. In a tense moment, Percy apologised profusely to his family, and his brother Fred, who, along with George, were the most vocal in their anger towards Percy, was the first to forgive him. Reunited with his family, he stood alongside with the defenders of Hogwarts against the Death Eaters.

Battle of Hogwarts
Percy: "Hello, Minister! Did I mention I'm resigning?"
Fred Weasley: "You're joking, Perce! You actually are joking, Percy... I don't think I've heard you joke since you were — "
— Percy duels Pius Thicknesse

During the Battle of Hogwarts, Percy and Fred fought alongside each other. Percy was duelling the then Minister Pius Thicknesse and in the middle of the battle, he jokingly told the Minister he had resigned. Fred was surprised with his brother for making a joke after so long — but the joyous mood was shattered when an explosion destroyed part of the corridor they were in and killed Fred. Percy, grief-stricken, refused to leave his brother's body until Harry, who was quite angry at him before, and Ron helped him store it safely in a wall niche. Full of anger and sorrow, Percy stormed back into battle, charging after Death Eater Augustus Rookwood, who was attacking a group of students further down the corridor.

Percy stands with his family and friends during the battle
During the one-hour armistice, Percy mourned Fred with his family in the Great Hall. He was also present when Voldemort announced Harry's "supposed" death, looking shocked and saddened, as he had once again came to consider Harry a friend. When the second half of the battle broke out, he joined forces in the Great Hall and with the help of his father was able to floor Thicknesse. Percy also witnessed the slaying of Bellatrix Lestrange at the hands of his mother, along with Harry Potter's final defeat of Lord Voldemort bringing about the end of the Second Wizarding War.

Percy with his family after the Battle
In the aftermath of the battle, it can be assumed that Percy was one of the people who rushed to Harry's side and attempted to hug him. He later sat with his family in silence and mourning. He was sitting next to his father and across from his mother, sister, and George. The family, while rejoicing the end of the Second Wizarding War, was also devastated over the loss of Fred.

• Love it 3