Random School Stuff - We are tasked to make an informative speech about a topic we are interested in.

Deinerie

Alright, this is like a task from our English teacher in our school. We are tasked to make an informative speech about a topic we are interested in, and I can't pick between animals, colors, music or the fictional wizarding world. So if ever I choose the fictional wizarding world, what topic/s should I cover with my speech?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deinerie

• Dumbledore

• xEmmaberryx

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, this is like a task from our English teacher in our school. We are tasked to make an informative speech about a topic we are interested in, and I can't pick between animals, colors, music or

I would really appreciate it if you suggest anything hehe.

You could talk about how and if the WizardingWorld has helped you? Maybe you've gone through something and the books have helped. Or, you could speak about the world that she created and the amou

Deinerie
13 hours ago, Deinerie said:

Alright, this is like a task from our English teacher in our school. We are tasked to make an informative speech about a topic we are interested in, and I can't pick between animals, colors, music or the fictional wizarding world. So if ever I choose the fictional wizarding world, what topic/s should I cover with my speech?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Headmaster
Dumbledore
2 hours ago, Deinerie said:

You could talk about how and if the WizardingWorld has helped you? Maybe you've gone through something and the books have helped.

Or, you could speak about the world that she created and the amount of research (mythology) that has gone into it to make a series of books?

The same could be said for Music. Music can be a very powerful emotion when mixed with the right lyrics.

@Juanita @haeju_ahn @moonlightwishes @Raven @Leostrange @xEmmaberryx @Janplain Usually come out with some great suggestions...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Dumbledore changed the title to Random School Stuff - We are tasked to make an informative speech about a topic we are interested in.
Deinerie
20 hours ago, Dumbledore said:

You could talk about how and if the WizardingWorld has helped you? Maybe you've gone through something and the books have helped.

Or, you could speak about the world that she created and the amount of research (mythology) that has gone into it to make a series of books?

The same could be said for Music. Music can be a very powerful emotion when mixed with the right lyrics.

@Juanita @haeju_ahn @moonlightwishes @Raven @Leostrange @xEmmaberryx @Janplain Usually come out with some great suggestions...

Thank you so much! 

• Thumbs Up 1
xEmmaberryx
On 15/10/2020 at 14:13, Deinerie said:

You could combine music and the wizarding world by looking at some of the more identifiable tracks from the Wizarding World as a whole. Tracks like Hedwig's Theme, Mr Longbottom Flies, any of the Wizard Rock ones (which would lead into Wizard Rock as fan culture and how it still holds up today), or Hogsmeade etc. You could talk about the feelings they bring to you whilst watching the film (or outside the film, if you're like me and listen to film scores outside of their film).

So for me I'd utilise the track 'Diagon Alley and into the Gringotts Vault' and talk about how it's ours and Harry's transition from the Muggle World to the Wizarding World in the first time films, and that the upbeat Diagon Alley motif is whimsical and upbeat to match the Alley; as opposed to the beat drop to Gringotts where it's more darker and serious, perhaps foreshadowing the darker parts of the Wizarding World, particularly as goblins are the first magical creature we meet after Hagrid. You could also use the Diagon Alley motif to contrast Knockturn Alley's dark and gloomy aesthetic and track. For me it's a really interesting track and one I think should be remembered more. It's a tracks that I really love and makes me really happy to hear, so that's why I'd write about that one.

• Thumbs Up 1