Sign in to follow this  
Yonatan

Why Harry didn't destroy the horocrux in the Lestrange vault?

Yonatan

Hello to all,
maxresdefault.jpg.2418798c364440bbdd395f3975345d9b.jpg
Like a lot of you here, I think i read the HP series about a million times. Just yesterday i read the Deathly Hallows and i was thinking: Why Harry didn't just destroyed  the cup when he was in the Lestrange vault in Gringotts? He had the sword in hand...

What do you think?

Thank you :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Dumbledore

I think simply that they had to get in and get out, and wouldn’t know what sort of curses or charms the vault would have. Having everything multiply as you touch it didn’t really help. 😁

I’d want to get straight out of there to a place of safety to destroy something!

xEmmaberryx

I think it's because he wanted to keep the Horcrux a secret from the goblins. We already know they're crafty - who knows what they'd do with that knowledge.

• Thumbs Up 2

AnotherWeasley

All the items that were multiplying, were all burning them. I'd be too busy getting away from them t even think about destroying the Horcrux. Besides that, they never told Griphook when he would get the sword, so I guess they thought they could do it later on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• xEmmaberryx
      By xEmmaberryx
      Hey Wizarding Community.

I hope we're all coping as best as we can, and staying as safe as possible.

I got myself thinking about magical objects and inventions from the Wizarding World. And I wondered what object you would bring over from the Wizarding World to use in the Muggle World. It could be anything ever mentioned in the Wizarding World (yes, even a wand!).

I thought long and hard about this, but I think I'd go for the fireworks Fred and George use in Order of the Phoenix. Personally, I'd love to see if you could make a silent version of them, but I think they're so cool. Imagine if your neighbours get annoying - you can just silence them with a dragon firework.

I'd love to know what object you'd bring!
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      What's your favourite horocrux?
      You've got a choice of a Horocrux, but which one would you choose to be your favorite and why? What's your inner desire, what does the heart choose?
      50 Points to your house for the most creative answers.

About Us

The Wizarding World | Harry Potter Fan Forums

A friendly and welcoming community for fans of Harry Potter! Quizzes, Earn Points For Your House, Competitions, Memorabilia, Fan Art, Fan Fiction, Pictures, Wallpapers and more!
TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is run by a group of dedicated enthusiasts on a not-for-profit basis.

Disclaimer

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk website are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by J.K. ROWLING WIZARDING WORLD which is a trademark of J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc or any of it's worldwide subsidiaries or associates. Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and Warner Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved..

Affiliate & Notice

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com/Amazon.co.uk

Note: TheWizardingWorld.co.uk claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise stated. Images on this site belong to their respective owners. If there is an image on this website that belongs to you and you do not wish for it appear on this site, please use the Contact Us button with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.