I dont understand this??

Crocs77

When Harry and Ron starts talking about quidditch in the first book on the train, Ron starts the conversation like this: ”Who’s in your quidditch team?”. Perhaps this is only in the Swedish version, but i think it’s a very weird question. Harry doesnt have his own team or what?? 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dumbledore

• moonlightwishes

• Crocs77

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe the translator was tired  XD

• Headmaster
Dumbledore
1 hour ago, Crocs77 said:

When Harry and Ron starts talking about quidditch in the first book on the train, Ron starts the conversation like this: ”Who’s in your quidditch team?”. Perhaps this is only in the Swedish version, but i think it’s a very weird question. Harry doesnt have his own team or what?? 

Hi Crocs,

It appears to me that this is a translation error.

Taken from my book (UK):

“What’s your Quidditch team?’ Ron asked.
‘Er – I don’t know any,’ Harry confessed.
‘What!’ Ron looked dumbfounded. ‘Oh, you wait, it’s the best game in the world –”

Excerpt From
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- J.K. Rowling.

As you’ll read above, he asking who is the team that he supports. And not in who is in your team.

I hope that help! 😎

• 2 weeks later...
moonlightwishes

Oh, that's interesting to find translation errors, even in the professional world. Kind of like when a hit song is translated into English from another language, it kind of comes out weird.

• Headmaster
Dumbledore
1 minute ago, moonlightwishes said:

Oh, that's interesting to find translation errors, even in the professional world. Kind of like when a hit song is translated into English from another language, it kind of comes out weird.

Indeed, I copied the text direct from the English book I have on my Books (iOS). So I'm surprised to see this error.

moonlightwishes

Maybe the translator was tired  XD

Edited by moonlightwishes
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• AnotherWeasley
      By AnotherWeasley
      Look at it! It's so tiny!

• Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Play the most exhilarating wizarding sport with this 75956 Quidditch Match LEGO Harry Potter play set.
      Join Harry, Hermione and Professor Snape at the games, featuring Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff house towers with viewing stands and play feature functions, plus a base with Bludger stud shooter and 3 goalposts with a moving Keeper function to guard the rings.

The set features Gryffindor house tower with an opening hatch, Slytherin house tower with a pop-up fire spell function, Ravenclaw house tower with a removable megaphone element, Hufflepuff house tower with scoreboard and a base with 3 goalposts and rings, moving Keeper function and Bludger stud shooter.
      Use the broom's mounted shooting function to shoot the Quaffle through the rings and recreate the famous Quidditch games from the blockbuster Harry Potter movies, or make up your own fun challenges with this fun-packed LEGO Harry Potter toy.

Accessory elements include a chest, 2 wands, 4 brooms, Quaffle, Golden Snitch, bat, 2 Bludgers, trophy, megaphone and scoreboard.
      Contains 500 pieces.

Each tower measures over 7 Inch (18 cm) high, 1 Inch (4 cm) wide and 1 Inch (4 cm) deep.

BUY NOW FROM AMAZON UK
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Harry Potter star Tom Felton has revealed he doesn't think the cast will ever reunite for any more instalments of the franchise. Tom has expressed along with  fans who don’t see the need to update the original franchise.

Speaking to various sources, Felton was asked if he thought the cast would do another movie.

"How much you offering?" he answered.
      "I'm joking. I don't think it will be reprised, to be honest with you.
      "I think it was a wonderful eight chapters, and everything that needed to be done was done. I think they'll take it further on in their own direction, but we're all still immensely proud to be part of it."

The actor, who played Draco Malfoy, also added that he was happy to see how the Potter fandom is still growing.

"It's great to see it's been past down from generation to generation," Tom said. "But I can speak for the cast when I say we're very grateful for all of the support that's come our way over the last decade."

Tom shared a photo of himself standing beside a pic of Draco Malfoy from the first Harry Potter movie, The Philosopher's Stone, and poked fun at how much he's changed over the years.
      Pointing at the poster of young Draco while also wearing a Slytherin cape, Tom wrote: "Agings a bitch".
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      LEGO 75956 Harry Potter Quidditch Match Building Set, Gryffindor Slytherin Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Towers - Limited Time Deal: £27.19 - Amazon UK

Play the most exhilarating wizarding sport with this 75956 Quidditch Match LEGO Harry Potter play set.
      Join Harry, Hermione and Professor Snape at the games, featuring Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff house towers with viewing stands and play feature functions, plus a base with Bludger stud shooter and 3 goalposts with a moving Keeper function to guard the rings.

The set features Gryffindor house tower with an opening hatch, Slytherin house tower with a pop-up fire spell function, Ravenclaw house tower with a removable megaphone element, Hufflepuff house tower with scoreboard and a base with 3 goalposts and rings, moving Keeper function and Bludger stud shooter.
      Use the broom's mounted shooting function to shoot the Quaffle through the rings and recreate the famous Quidditch games from the blockbuster Harry Potter movies, or make up your own fun challenges with this fun-packed LEGO Harry Potter toy.

Accessory elements include a chest, 2 wands, 4 brooms, Quaffle, Golden Snitch, bat, 2 Bludgers, trophy, megaphone and scoreboard.
      Contains 500 pieces.

Each tower measures over 7 Inch (18 cm) high, 1 Inch (4 cm) wide and 1 Inch (4 cm) deep.

Click to buy from AmazonUK
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Discussion: Harry Potter Films - Unimportant parts you wish could've been added!

So I'll start it off by not including Winky! However, we do see her and Dobby very very briefly in The Goblet Of Fire, if you're wondering where? I made a whole topic about 'Things you may have missed in the Harry Potter Films'.

Winky, dear old Winky; Crouch's House elf. Important as she is, especially with Crouch Senior to the dark mark cast at the Quidditch Cup in The Goblet of Fire film, plus the whole 'drunk winky' fiasco. Of course lets not forget Horrified Hermione learning that she and the rest of the students are being served by house elves, which prompts her to start (S.P.E.W) Society for Promotion of Elfish Welfare, roping in Harry and Ron to help her.

You can also join the S.P.E.W Club

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.