What are your top 5 scenes in the series?

VoldyflakesBoggart

VoldyflakesBoggart

Hi Everyone!

I want to hear what your top 5 favourite scenes are from the films! It's been so long now since the last instalment of Harry's story released so I'm sure you've all had a lot of time to think about it! Feel free to mention any of your favourite moments from the books too!

Here is my list:

5 - Lupin turns into a Werewolf - PoA

4 - Harry hears voices in detention with Lockhart - CoS

3 - Dumbledore vs Voldemort in the Ministry of Magic - OotP

2 - Harry and Ron escape Aragog - CoS

1 - The graveyard scene - GoF

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

• Haha 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• haeju_ahn

• Dumbledore

• VoldyflakesBoggart

• xEmmaberryx

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Everyone!   I want to hear what your top 5 favourite scenes are from the films! It's been so long now since the last instalment of Harry's story released so I'm sure you've all had a lot

Oh, this is hard one. Now I'm really thinking about it, I'm realising I'm thinking more of the scores rather than the mise-en-scene itself. I can't put them in any order, but here's five of my favouri

Not in order   1. Revelation of Snape as the 'Half-Blood Prince' - HBP I think it's cool that the book that helps Harry to succeed in potion class is owned by his own nemesis'   

• Headmaster
Dumbledore

I watch at least one of the movies out of the series a week so this shouldn't be too hard for me!

1. When Lupin expresses his regret over Harry Potter's irreparably damaged broomstick & where Lupin acknowledges meeting Harry Potter mother- POA
  2. Gildory Lockhart's introduction in the book shop - COS
  3. At Buckbeaks death, Hermione smacks Malfoy... Brilliant!
  4. Hagrid scentence 'I should not have said that, I should not have said that'. - PS
  5. The awkwardness with Luna Lovegood while on the carriages - OOTF
xEmmaberryx

Oh, this is hard one. Now I'm really thinking about it, I'm realising I'm thinking more of the scores rather than the mise-en-scene itself. I can't put them in any order, but here's five of my favourites.

• The first time we see Diagon Alley and Gringotts - PS. 
  • Fred and George disrupting the Charms OWL with the Fireworks - OoTP.
  • The Broomsticks and Flying to London - OoTP.
  • TROLL IN THE DUNGEON - PS
  • Christmas at the Burrow - HBP.

I mean I love all the scenes, but those are the five that sprung to mind.

• Thumbs Up 1
haeju_ahn

Not in order

1. Revelation of Snape as the 'Half-Blood Prince' - HBP

I think it's cool that the book that helps Harry to succeed in potion class is owned by his own nemesis' 

2. Snape teaching Harry to control his mind (Occlumency lesson) - HBP

I'm just amazed with how Snape pushing Harry to master the lesson, seems mean, but at the last series we know that Snape actually really cares with Harry. His teaching method is just kind of cold, bold, and heartless.

3. Voldermort vs Dumbledore battle - OOTP

Hand down best battle in the entire series imo

4. Harry giving Dobby a sock - COS

Made me screamed "YES!!!", Lucius deserved it

5. Meeting Luna Lovegood on the carriage for the first time - OOTP

Just the best character introduction of my most favorite character of all time

Edited by haejuahn
  • Thumbs Up 1
haeju_ahn
On 27/02/2020 at 19:30, xEmmaberryx said:

The first time we see Diagon Alley and Gringotts - PS. 

Is it the moment when Harry miss casting into 'Diagonally'? Yeah, I love that! >.< Diagon Alley is so iconic too, including the Olivander's. Probably one of the best scene in PS.

On 27/02/2020 at 04:19, Dumbledore said:

The awkwardness with Luna Lovegood while on the carriages - OOTF

Hermione called her "Loony" :')

On 27/02/2020 at 03:23, VoldyflakesBoggart said:

The graveyard scene - GoF

YESSS! The raising of Voldemort. That was super scary for me.

On 27/02/2020 at 03:23, VoldyflakesBoggart said:

Dumbledore vs Voldemort in the Ministry of Magic - OotP

That battle is superior for sure

haeju_ahn

@Dumbledore isn't this kind of topic should be in Three Broomstick? Since it's still HP movie related? Honestly, I'm just confused

Edited by haejuahn
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Headmaster
Dumbledore
1 hour ago, haejuahn said:

@Dumbledore isn't this kind of topic should be in Three Broomstick? Since it's still HP movie related? Honestly, I'm just confused

Absolutely correct! Sorry, I shall move it now.

It was Voldy’s first post so we shall have to let him off 😛

haeju_ahn
15 hours ago, Dumbledore said:

Absolutely correct! Sorry, I shall move it now.

It was Voldy’s first post so we shall have to let him off 😛

yeah, sure! oh you're such a kind headmaster :)

• 2 weeks later...
Rune8Valentine

Mine hands-down are: 

1. My top: Hermione smacking the seven sorts of Hell out of Malfoy in Prisoner of Azkaban. 

2. Basically every scene with Luna: I love her awkwardness and the fact that she just doesn't care what people think of her. 

3. The Quidditch matches in film 6 when they became a lot more detailed. Would've loved to watch the full matches, though. 

4. Fred and George Weasley causing chaos in Order of the Phoenix and getting back at Umbridge. 

5. Snape's memory scene in the last film: This gets me worse than Dumbledore's death scene and is by far the most beautiful moment in all of the films for me and one of the most heart-breaking. I still believe that this man deserved better in life. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • 2 weeks later...
moonlightwishes

1. First time Harry meets Ron- SS

2. When Harry takes Felix Felices- HBP

3. First time Harry sees Diagon Alley- SS

4. Hermione reading "The Tale of Three Brothers"- DH

5. Dumbledore's Army scenes- OOTP

• Thumbs Up 1