Sign in to follow this  
2ndamigo

Favourite GoF Scenes

2ndamigo

What are some of your favourite scenes from Goblet of Fire?

For some reason I really liked the scene where they were in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, being taught by Moody (Barty Crouch Jr.). Seeing the dragon in the first task was pretty awesome too. And of course, the Yule Ball scene where Hermione is coming down the staircase was really memorable for me. The sleeves on that dress are just everything!

• Thumbs Up 1

Dumbledore

Probably the part while Harry spits out his water by accident while looking at Cho Chang. :default_rofl:

• Haha 2

moonlightwishes
On 09/01/2020 at 08:57, Dumbledore said:

Probably the part while Harry spits out his water by accident while looking at Cho Chang. :default_rofl:

Same!

I also like the part where Ron covers himself up when he sees that Hermione is in his bedroom (it's just a tank top Ron!) XD I also like the Yule Ball scene, it was just a beautiful set. Oh, and seeing the bathtub in the Prefect's bathroom. That's like a free spa day/night right there.

• Thumbs Up 1

xEmmaberryx

GoF is sort of a void in my head, like I like the film, but it's not my favourite. I think just the lead up to the second task, where Fred and George are running their betting pool. Also, Neville's line of, "oh my god, I've killed Harry Potter."

• Thumbs Up 1

haejuahn
On 09/01/2020 at 17:14, 2ndamigo said:

For some reason I really liked the scene where they were in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, being taught by Moody (Barty Crouch Jr.). Seeing the dragon in the first task was pretty awesome too.

Agree!!! Barty's class is so messed up and scary, yet funny and intriguing. Imperio curse part is so scary for me 😫

Harry's dragon indeed very scary!

5 hours ago, xEmmaberryx said:

Also, Neville's line of, "oh my god, I've killed Harry Potter."

Yeah, that was hilarious lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• HufflepuffHeir
      By HufflepuffHeir
      The Goblet of Fire is my favorite book in the series.  It is when everything started to change.  At the time when the movie was released I loved it, but as I grew older it’s one of my least favorite adaptation of the books.  

I feel like there were a lot of things missing from the movie that should have been added and a few things that should have been revealed later on.

-I think the GOF would have worked well as two movies. This book had so much information. 

-I think Barty Crouch Jr. should not have been revealed in the beginning of the movie.

-I wasn’t fond of the first task. I think that sequence in the movie was too long.

-the second task was done well. I wouldn’t changed much about this.

-the 3rd task was nothing like the books. It would have been cool to see all the creatures they had to battle.

-I wish we got to see Charlie, such a disappointment that he wasn’t in any of the movies.

-there are a few other things in the books that I would have loved to see but, it’s been awhile since I read them.

What are your thoughts?
    • VoldyflakesBoggart
      By VoldyflakesBoggart
      Hi Everyone!

I want to hear what your top 5 favourite scenes are from the films! It's been so long now since the last instalment of Harry's story released so I'm sure you've all had a lot of time to think about it! Feel free to mention any of your favourite moments from the books too!

Here is my list:

5 - Lupin turns into a Werewolf - PoA
      4 - Harry hears voices in detention with Lockhart - CoS
      3 - Dumbledore vs Voldemort in the Ministry of Magic - OotP
      2 - Harry and Ron escape Aragog - CoS
      1 - The graveyard scene - GoF

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!
    • Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Dragons! Daring! Danger! The first fully illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is an extraordinary creative achievement by two extraordinary talents. Jim Kay's inspired reimagining of J.K. Rowling's classic series has captured a devoted following worldwide, and the drama just gets bigger as the series progresses.

BUY NOW: https://amzn.to/2VocqGj

With over 150 illustrations, Jim Kay's unique vision delivers breathtaking scenes and unforgettable characters - including fan favourites Cedric Diggory, Fleur Delacour and Viktor Krum illustrated by Jim Kay for the first time.
      Fizzing with magic and brimming with humour, this full-colour edition will captivate fans and new readers alike as Harry, now in his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, finds himself competing in the legendary Triwizard Tournament and facing death-defying tasks, dragons and Dark wizards . Making magic in paint, pencil and pixels, this is the Wizarding World as we have never seen it before.
      Review
      Seeing Jim Kay's illustrations moved me profoundly. I love his interpretation of Harry Potter's world, and I feel honoured and grateful that he has lent his talent to it (J.K. Rowling) 

Kay's illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is a triumph - a book so alive it seems to jump, explode and slither out of your hands as you read ( Telegraph on HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE ILLUSTRATED EDITION) 

It is stunning . with full-colour illustrations throughout from Greenaway Medal winner Kay, who breathes incredible life into these much-loved characters and locations, staying faithful to Rowling's vision but revitalising the story for a new generation ( Bookseller on HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE ILLUSTRATED EDITION) 

One of the greatest literary adventures of modern times ( Sunday Telegraph)
      Book Description
      Picture the magic - discover J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter novels with glorious colour illustrations by Jim Kay, winner of the Kate Greenaway Medal. With more than 150 illustrations!
      From the Back Cover
      An extraordinary creative achievement by two extraordinary talents, Jim Kay's inspired reimagining of J.K. Rowling's classic series has captured a devoted following worldwide. This stunning new fully illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire brings more breathtaking scenes and unforgettable characters to life - including Cedric Diggory, Fleur Delacour and Viktor Krum. With paint, pencil and pixels, Kay conjures the wizarding world as we have never seen it before. Fizzing with magic and brimming with humour, this full-colour edition will captivate fans and new readers alike as Harry, now in his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, finds himself competing in the legendary Triwizard Tournament and facing death-defying tasks, dragons and Dark wizards.
      About the Author
      J.K. Rowling is the author of the record-breaking, multi-award-winning Harry Potter novels. Loved by fans around the world, the series has sold over 500 million copies, been translated into over 80 languages, and made into eight blockbuster films. She has written three companion volumes in aid of charity: Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (in aid of Comic Relief and Lumos), and The Tales of Beedle the Bard (in aid of Lumos), as well as a screenplay inspired by Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which marked the start of a five-film series to be written by the author. She has also collaborated on a stage play, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two, which opened in London's West End in the summer of 2016 and on Broadway in early 2018. In 2012, J.K. Rowling's digital company Pottermore was launched, where fans can enjoy news, features and articles, as well as original content from J.K. Rowling. She is also the author of The Casual Vacancy, a novel for adult readers, and the Strike crime series, written under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. She has received many awards and honours, including an OBE and Companion of Honour, France's Légion d'honneur, and the Hans Christian Andersen Award.
      Jim Kay won the Kate Greenaway Medal in 2012 for his illustrations in A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. He studied illustration at the University of Westminster, and worked in the Library & Archives of Tate Britain and then as an assistant curator of botanical illustrations at the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew before returning to producing art full-time. After a one-man exhibition at Richmond Gallery he was approached by a publisher and his freelance career began. Alongside his illustration work, Jim has produced concept work for film and television, and contributed to the group exhibition Memory Palace at the V&A Museum in London. The Illustrated Edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was published to international acclaim. Bloomsbury has commissioned Jim to illustrate all seven books in J.K. Rowling's classic series. Jim lives and works in Northamptonshire with his wife.

Buy Now: https://amzn.to/2VocqGj

• Dumbledore
      By Dumbledore
      Picture the magic – award-winning illustrator Jim Kay brings his wonderful creative powers to this stunning reimagined edition of J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

This new fully illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire brings more breathtaking scenes and unforgettable characters to life – including Cedric Diggory, Fleur Delacour and Mad Eye Moody.

With paint, pencil and pixels, Kay conjures the wizarding world as we have never seen it before. Fizzing with magic and brimming with humour, this full-colour edition will captivate fans and new readers alike as Harry, now in his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, finds himself competing in the legendary Triwizard Tournament and facing death-defying tasks, dragons and Dark wizards ...

With the original text – complete and unabridged – this gorgeous edition features foiled jacket, head and tail bands, a ribbon marker and illustrated endpapers.

Amazon UK
      https://amzn.to/2MLoOLU
    • xEmmaberryx
      By xEmmaberryx
      Small Moments in the Films You've Noticed

TL;DR: Are there any small moments you've noticed rewatching the films? 
      A lot of film teachers I've had, and other film students I've spoken to, whenever you rewatch a film you always notice something different. I had a film lecturer mention to their first year class at uni about a story I told her. I was rewatching Pan's Labyrinth for my coursework, and I noticed little motifs of the faun and the more adult themes that I hadn't noticed before. One of the students in her class said, 'I've already watched La La Land, so why do I have to watch it again?' It's just a moment that stuck with me, and even with the Harry Potter films, I've noticed small moments that I may have missed on first, or earlier viewing. 

Let me take you back to my first year at college. We had to analyse a sequence from a film, and I chose The OWL scene from Order of the Phoenix. I repeatedly watched this scene, and even now I would definitely go back and rewrite the essay (which on a slight tangent, I found yesterday). But what I noticed is the dialogue between the twins, which is almost drowned out by the fireworks and the Fireworks score playing over it. One of the twins (I think it's Fred) says, before releasing the dragon,
      Fred: Ready when you are.
      It took me a good seven or eight listens to hear it, and it's so subtle but works so well with the scene. Like it's all pre-planned except the grand finale. But I love how it's just inserted, like amidst all the chaos, they are still the ones to pull it all off. 

What are some moments you've seen from the films that maybe you didn't on your first few watches?
      I'd love to know. I'll share another one mine on this thread soon. 

About Us

The Wizarding World | Harry Potter Fan Forums

A friendly and welcoming community for fans of Harry Potter! Quizzes, Earn Points For Your House, Competitions, Memorabilia, Fan Art, Fan Fiction, Pictures, Wallpapers and more!
TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is run by a group of dedicated enthusiasts on a not-for-profit basis.

Disclaimer

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk website are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by J.K. ROWLING WIZARDING WORLD which is a trademark of J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc or any of it's worldwide subsidiaries or associates. Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and Warner Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved..

Affiliate & Notice

TheWizardingWorld.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com/Amazon.co.uk

Note: TheWizardingWorld.co.uk claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise stated. Images on this site belong to their respective owners. If there is an image on this website that belongs to you and you do not wish for it appear on this site, please use the Contact Us button with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.